Sign in with
Your question

Will any micro atx motherboard fit/work inside optiplex 760

Last response: in Motherboards
August 12, 2010 12:04:18 AM

I didnt realize it was the phenom 2.5ghz, but in any case would a similar set up work?

I was thinkin about upgrading my optiplex 760 mini tower with this, http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?I..., or something very similar, If it doesnt work, with a 500 dollar budget what would be the most sensible upgrade? Maximizing Proccessor speed first for music production, but with the intent to game on the side if i choose. Or should i just save for a new system? I chose amd in hopes they dont change their socket next refresh.

a c 435 V Motherboard
August 12, 2010 12:50:47 AM

You will probably have to add a new operating system with any change of motherboards, so the added cost makes your upgrade somewhat expensive. The newegg combo includes old ddr2 ram; if you still want to upgrade yourself, look for a combo deal with ddr3. I would post your question on one of the dell forums, and see if your current motherboard will take a quad core core2 duo, such as the q9550. Otherwise, consider wiping your files and selling your old dell intact; makes more sense than upgrading.
m
l
Related resources
!