P67 Pro3 +2500k - voltages question

rogigor

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
Hi,

I have recently bought a p67 pro3 and 2500 and naturally I want to overclock it :)

But I have a question. Right now I'm in the middle of overclocking and I set my Additional Turbo Voltage to +0.04. But what about the CPU Core coltage? Following a guide (asrock overclocking guide - google it if you want) I set it to offset mode +0.005V. With the 3.7Ghz (my goal is 4,2-4,4) CPU-Z shows Core Voltage at 1.328 which is a bit to high.

So I've set the offset mode to -0.050V and now I get 1,312V which still is a bit to high. Should I lower the voltage more or just set it to fixed at, for example, 1.28V ?

Additional turbo voltage is essentially only changing vcore at full load while offset will affect both idle and full load states. I'd suggest you put additional voltage back to 0 to lower voltage.

rogigor

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
Ok I will. But how about the mode - which is better? Offset or Fixed? Oh and Is it normal that when I set my core ratio to manual Load Line Calibration option disappears ?

The power saving mode is disabled by default, and has caused bsod for some people even at stock. I'd suggest offset so the voltage can lower when idling. I also keep my llc to lvl 5 for lower voltage.