Karol401

Honorable
May 9, 2012
Hey eveyone. For two days i have been trying to overclock but i have some god damn issues i cant get rid of. I tried amd over drive i tried from the motherboard and other stuff. But when i try overdrive mixing some voltages like vcore to 1.4 and less and mixxing with the multiplier to 20-22 and around that number and i click apply it just stays unstable or shuts down not always the same. Some times it starts my computer but doesnt even show bios and nothin just stays black screen i have to cut off power suply and restart it. When i tried in bios it happened the same or it didnt start and when i restarted it reseted to stock speed i even disabled turbo boost and spectum. I have h80 for cooling ASROCK 970DE3/U3S3 for motherboard and as said in thread fx 8150 as cpu. Please tell me what settigns to set (everything please) or some advice my happy spot would be around 4.6gb

stew198269

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
u might have a crap chip but by sounds of it u just dunno what u doing lol (no offence lol) most 8150 i seen like my own only really gets up to 4.5 but even mine didnt get there straight out the box took me few weeks was like my motherboard didnt really like the chip and did nothign but crash to start with but now ive been getting like 4.9 on 4 cores and has to be a crazy chip but as for u what cooling r u using if u got a after market cooler then go in ya bios just try going up to 3.9 with the mulit . u shoud be able to do this with out any more volts. next test ya system run prime95 see if it ok then restart again and go up to 4.2 with 1.34 volt or 1.38 volts try ya best to stay under 1.4 volts as more volts mean more heat and just keep repeating ya steps.
like i said before u prob only get about 4.5 i did find that turning off cores u can get more! but with heats starting to get high!

Karol401

Honorable
May 9, 2012
as i said i have water cooling from corsair H80 could you please tell me your stable settings like volts and multipliers?