Sign in with
Your question

GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R

Last response: in Motherboards
August 12, 2010 10:26:35 AM

I installed driver for nividia geforce 9500 gt but pc got black screen and when I do restart for pc the windows freezing
is this issue from the motherboard

More about : gigabyte ep45 ud3r

a b V Motherboard
August 12, 2010 11:15:02 AM

Did it show this behavior before you installed the driver? If not, I would assume it was the graphics card or driver for it. Can you get in and roll back the driver?
August 12, 2010 11:51:00 AM

thanks for replay
its working well when status of graphics card is not active

but I dont know if I need to update the motherboard or not
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
August 12, 2010 12:06:50 PM

Boot into safe mode and try uninstalling & reinstalling the video drivers. Also, I don't think it will make a difference, but the F12 bios came out for this board in january. You may want to try it.
August 12, 2010 12:24:35 PM

hello

my motherboard dosnt accept graphic card
and when I do activation for graphic card windows got black screen
do I need to update any chipsets

a b V Motherboard
August 12, 2010 12:39:50 PM

This next topics has been merged by Mousemonkey
  • Motherboard not accept graphic card
    August 12, 2010 1:02:31 PM

Hawkeye22 said:
    Boot into safe mode and try uninstalling & reinstalling the video drivers. Also, I don't think it will make a difference, but the F12 bios came out for this board in january. You may want to try it.

thanks for replay
    I did this step but still cant login to windows on normal mode
    do you mean I need to update bois
    a b V Motherboard
    August 12, 2010 1:17:04 PM

Normally you shouldn't need to update the bios in order to get a video card working. It was just a suggestion. Also, in your bios under "Init Display First", you may want to set this option to PEG.
    August 12, 2010 1:23:47 PM

Hawkeye22 said:
    Normally you shouldn't need to update the bios in order to get a video card working. It was just a suggestion. Also, in your bios under "Init Display First", you may want to set this option to PEG.

where I can find PEG option!
    August 12, 2010 1:35:21 PM

also I have doubt if this issue becaue chipst not update

a c 717 V Motherboard
    August 12, 2010 2:09:04 PM

Lets first focus on correcting (2) drivers, {right-click} uninstall the the "? PCI Device" {Q - what other PCI device did you install?}, next click the scan for New Devices ; if the correct device driver is available it "should" install.

Next, lets try to correct the GPU with the incorrect driver installed. Try {right-click} "Update Driver..." - if that fails then Uninstall the "X NVIDA GeForce 9500 GT", {note: the system may request you restart, if so restart}, next click the scan for New Devices. This procedure "should" reinstall the correct driver.

Q - Did you make any BIOS changes?

Worst case, restart into Safe Mode and run System Restore, and select a restore point prior to the driver change. Also, it couldn't hurt to re-seat the GPU.

August 13, 2010 11:32:12 AM

thanks for replay
    I unstalled both driver "PCI device" and "nivdia device"
    and I did reinstall for nivdia with last driver version but still windows freezing when tring login
    I tried to do installing for PCI device but I coudnt and I think this one for sound card.

I did all above steps but still not working
    I have doubt also about power supply, main is 600 wat I dont know if this issue because I need to increase my power supply or not
    a c 717 V Motherboard
    August 13, 2010 5:53:42 PM

Q - Did you install all of the drivers for the post OS install? If not use the link below, select your correct (REV 1.0 or 1.1), click Downloads - tab, Select Type = Driver & Select your correct OS. You'll notice (example 6) Drivers - download all of them and install all of them. Also, if I read correctly, turn-off/disable Windows login for now.

GA-EP45-UD3R - http://gigabyte.com/search/search.aspx?kw=GA-EP45-UD3R

Please answer the following from before:
    Q - what other PCI device did you install?

Good Luck!
    August 13, 2010 8:45:31 PM

I did download for all drivers REV 1.0 and installed all of them

whats mean "turn-off/disable Windows login for now"?
    do you mean do restarting for computer.

----------
    Q - what other PCI device did you install?
    I did install all drivers of motherboard's CD
    and I installed also gain the all drivers from the link you give me like

Realtek PCIe LAN Driver
    Realtek Function driver for Realtek

for below driver I dont know how to install it

Microsoft UAA (Universal Audio Architecture) Bus driver (Full Multi-language version )

yes just today I changed bois
    PEG to OCI

a b V Motherboard
    August 14, 2010 12:23:49 AM

I have Win 7 ultimate x64 and in my device manager I have a "Realtek High Definition Audio" device. Are you sure you installed the correct audio driver?
    a c 717 V Motherboard
    August 14, 2010 1:39:53 AM

* - if you installed both "Realtek Function driver for Realtek Azalia audio chip (Including Microsoft UAA Driver in English edition)" and "Microsoft UAA (Universal Audio Architecture) Bus driver (Full Multi-language version )"
    1. Uninstall - Microsoft UAA - from Control Panel | Add or Remove Programs *
    2. (as before in Device Manager, uninstall "! PCI Device"
    3. Do not scan for or reinstall driver yet, and close all windows
    4. Reinstall - Realtek Function driver for Realtek (Including Microsoft UAA Driver in English edition) - from http://gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2921...
    5. Restart

BTW - Ignore the "Login" reference - I assume that you are indeed logged-in as Administrator and a restart takes you to your Desktop without the need of a logon password.

You can also run DriverAgent - http://www.driveragent.com/gigabytepromo.php
    (note: if you "look at" the print version it should identify which drivers are wrong or missing)

Then update post.
    August 14, 2010 8:49:25 PM

jaquith said:
    * - if you installed both "Realtek Function driver for Realtek Azalia audio chip (Including Microsoft UAA Driver in English edition)" and "Microsoft UAA (Universal Audio Architecture) Bus driver (Full Multi-language version )"
    1. Uninstall - Microsoft UAA - from Control Panel | Add or Remove Programs *
    2. (as before in Device Manager, uninstall "! PCI Device"
    3. Do not scan for or reinstall driver yet, and close all windows
    4. Reinstall - Realtek Function driver for Realtek (Including Microsoft UAA Driver in English edition) - from http://gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2921...
    5. Restart

BTW - Ignore the "Login" reference - I assume that you are indeed logged-in as Administrator and a restart takes you to your Desktop without the need of a logon password.

this step done thanks

jaquith said:

You can also run DriverAgent - http://www.driveragent.com/gigabytepromo.php
    (note: if you "look at" the print version it should identify which drivers are wrong or missing)

Then update post.

this is the result of driver agent software

and now I dont now how to fix the VGA
    August 15, 2010 4:39:03 AM

this maybe a compatibility error

try downloading forceware driver of your card
    August 15, 2010 6:35:28 PM

Hawkeye22 said:
    Now you should be able to downlowd the newest drivers for your Nvidia card. Be sure to pick the correct language. ;) 

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

thank you for reply
    I did download for this driver but still windows got freezing when starting login
    August 15, 2010 6:36:35 PM

tech_crack said:
    this maybe a compatibility error

try downloading forceware driver of your card

thank you for reply
    whats mean of forceware driver :o 
    August 16, 2010 2:00:31 PM

dears any one know how to solve this issue
    a c 717 V Motherboard
    August 16, 2010 3:23:34 PM

I'm back.

First download and have ready the CORRECT nVidia drivers.

Use Driver Sweeper - http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/

Try the procedure here - http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Operating-systems-and-soft...

Question and observation, I typically ONLY see these type of driver problems when either someone "Ghosts/Clones" an OS image for another "different" system or from an OEM scripted install also from another system - sometimes a pirated copy - what's the story here?? I'm not the OS cop but it would explain a lot!
    August 17, 2010 10:09:19 PM

Welcome back jaquith
    Thank you for reply, I did run for driver sweeper and I did also install again for nivdia but nothing change

a c 717 V Motherboard
    August 18, 2010 12:44:06 AM

Manually, force the driver install. Note the Folder location of the nVidia driver that you downloaded in (e.g. C:\nVida)

Follow this procedure - http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/how-to-instal...

footnote: Be 100% certain you downloaded the correct software and please verify the OS (e.g. Windows XP 32-bit, etc) and your GPU model (e.g. nVidia XXXX).

Good Luck!
    !