Sign in with
Your question

Troubleshooting toshiba satellite laptop A105-S4004

Last response: in Windows XP
August 12, 2012 8:49:09 PM

I am having a problem getting my laptop to boot up. It's needed a batter for a year or so, I thought that was the problem, as it was running at 10% efficiency. I got a new battery, installed it, and am still having the issue.

It will sometimes allow me to login to Windows, other times not.

Once I'm logged in, it is VERY SLOW and most of my files will not open.

I've tried using safe mode to do a system restore - not helping.

I've disabled BIOS.

I've also received the "Blue Screen of Death" with the following: c0000218 UNKNOWN HARD ERROR. BEGINNING DUMP OF PHYSICAL MEMORY. (which is when I disabled BIOS).

Still no luck, and I don't have the Windows XP disc to install - I bought it right off the floor at Best Buy, so nothing came with it.

I've also made sure my anti-virus and firewall are running and installed updates, as well as Windows Updates.

Could it be a corrupt registry or a problem with my hard drive? My laptop is 6 years old.

HELP!!!
a b D Laptop
August 18, 2012 1:53:05 PM

desertgirlmelis93 said:
I am having a problem getting my laptop to boot up. It's needed a batter for a year or so, I thought that was the problem, as it was running at 10% efficiency. I got a new battery, installed it, and am still having the issue.

It will sometimes allow me to login to Windows, other times not.

Once I'm logged in, it is VERY SLOW and most of my files will not open.

I've tried using safe mode to do a system restore - not helping.

I've disabled BIOS.

I've also received the "Blue Screen of Death" with the following: c0000218 UNKNOWN HARD ERROR. BEGINNING DUMP OF PHYSICAL MEMORY. (which is when I disabled BIOS).

Still no luck, and I don't have the Windows XP disc to install - I bought it right off the floor at Best Buy, so nothing came with it.

I've also made sure my anti-virus and firewall are running and installed updates, as well as Windows Updates.

Could it be a corrupt registry or a problem with my hard drive? My laptop is 6 years old.

HELP!!!

Unknown hard error would indicate a HDD error
!