Hd tune reallocated sector count

Status
Not open for further replies.

robblyn

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Looks bad doesnt it? Or not? Brand new hp envy laptop. Using for 2 months. Would they change my hd cos its under warranty. And cos its a laptop, it'll be more complicated to change the hd right?

Solution
First the disk may still be fine, you have to monitor if this parameter grows quickly over time. If so it might be a sign of a likely soon failure.
those sectors have been reallocated (remapped) to reserved space so they are not "bad" for diagnostic tools including the bios one. Before "real" bad sectors appear you probably have no basis for warranty replacement

robblyn

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
Did contact them n they asked me to scan using bios hd diagnostics and error check both which showed no problems so i guess i have no basis to ask them to change the hdd.

Since it wasn't backed up, how important is your data? You can run recovery tools on one hard disk, but don't do it on the other one if losing the data isn't an option.
You can try http://www.partition-recovery.com/products.htm#file_recovery, http://www.easeus.com/datarecoverywizard/recover-lost-partition.htm and other suggested tools. I'll admit that I never had much success with free recovery tools; that's why I perform backups. However other mambers may be able to suggest a free utility that will undo the damage done by Clear MBR. All data should still be there; only the partition should be gone; so fixing the MBR may work.

winh8r

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
First the disk may still be fine, you have to monitor if this parameter grows quickly over time. If so it might be a sign of a likely soon failure.
those sectors have been reallocated (remapped) to reserved space so they are not "bad" for diagnostic tools including the bios one. Before "real" bad sectors appear you probably have no basis for warranty replacement

Solution

robblyn

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
I dont think i have any data missing. The hard drive hasn't behaved in any odd way except there was a problem with the os start up once which i repaired with start up repair. I am keepin check of the parameters for now and if the bad sectors increase, it could mean an imminent failure right? Thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.