Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

IPIBL-LB Motherboard and Q8300 Compatibility

Last response: in CPUs
Share
March 21, 2010 9:00:30 PM

Hi, I have A HP A6412P Desktop With an Asus IPIBL-LB Motherboard, E2180 2.0GHZ CPU, 3GB RAM, and a Nvidia 8400GS:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01...

I would like to Upgrade my CPU to a Q8300 Core 2 Quad: http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=39107

But I don't Know if my Motherboard will support it:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01...

The motherboard has a LGA775 Socket, Supports a 1333MHZ FSB So it would make sense for it to support the Q8300, But does not list the Q8300 as a compatible CPU. Although it Does Support The Q9000 series which has the same Yorkfield core as the Q8300.

Please Help!!!!
March 21, 2010 11:32:45 PM

JE_D said:
Hi, I have A HP A6412P Desktop With an Asus IPIBL-LB Motherboard, E2180 2.0GHZ CPU, 3GB RAM, and a Nvidia 8400GS:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01...

I would like to Upgrade my CPU to a Q8300 Core 2 Quad: http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=39107

But I don't Know if my Motherboard will support it:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01...

The motherboard has a LGA775 Socket, Supports a 1333MHZ FSB So it would make sense for it to support the Q8300, But does not list the Q8300 as a compatible CPU. Although it Does Support The Q9000 series which has the same Yorkfield core as the Q8300.

Please Help!!!!


http://www.pnjcom.com/HP-ipibl-lb-Intel-Asus-Motherboar...

If thats your motherboard above then YES! it will support your CPU your wanting to put into it.
m
0
l
March 21, 2010 11:37:00 PM

That is My Mobo but Only lists these Procs

* Intel Core 2 Quad (Yorkfield core) Q9xxx
* Intel Core 2 Duo (Wolfsdale core) E8xxx
* Intel Core 2 Quad (Kentsfield core) up to Q6600
* Core 2 Duo E6x00 (Conroe core) up to E6700
* Core 2 Duo E4x00 (Conroe core) up to E4400

I want to use a Q8300 (Yorkfield Core)

The Q8xxx Series is not listed Above
How do you Know it will work?
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

March 21, 2010 11:41:59 PM

JE_D said:
That is My Mobo but Only lists these Procs

* Intel Core 2 Quad (Yorkfield core) Q9xxx
* Intel Core 2 Duo (Wolfsdale core) E8xxx
* Intel Core 2 Quad (Kentsfield core) up to Q6600
* Core 2 Duo E6x00 (Conroe core) up to E6700
* Core 2 Duo E4x00 (Conroe core) up to E4400

I want to use a Q8300 (Yorkfield Core)

The Q8xxx Series is not listed Above


Honestly it will work the only difference between the Wolfsdale core v.s Yorkfield core is that they run slightly different L2 Cache as long as your motherboard can support 12MB of cache you would be fine!
Share
March 21, 2010 11:44:10 PM

Allright Thank you very Much :wahoo: 
m
0
l
March 21, 2010 11:44:24 PM

Best answer selected by JE_D.
m
0
l
March 21, 2010 11:46:42 PM

JE_D said:
Best answer selected by JE_D.

n
nThank you.
m
0
l
March 22, 2010 12:04:36 AM

iholbrookv2 said:
Honestly it will work the only difference between the Wolfsdale core v.s Yorkfield core is that they run slightly different L2 Cache as long as your motherboard can support 12MB of cache you would be fine!


One is Quad core, and one is dual core silly.

Very different.
m
0
l
March 22, 2010 12:07:11 AM

builderbobftw said:
One is Quad core, and one is dual core silly.

Very different.


No we were talking about the Cores like basically the brands that run the MHz Ghz and cache!
m
0
l
!