Missing programs/data

mmike99

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009
Hi there, up to recently my laptop ran ok. Than I logged on, even without a password, and all my data, and programs were missing. no desktop theme no folders, no programs, and no data. Can anyone help exlain what might have happen, and how /were to look for the missing data. can tell you i ran a virus and malware scan and nothing.!!!! tyvm in advance

mmike99

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009
no, there just the two accounts. mine user account was password protected, but no longer is, which is a surprise, the daughters is. is there a way, a program that can monitor the pc activity for say the last month...? smelling either something fishy(done manually), or theres something wrong with unit

ps, im currently running a data recovery on it, hoping this will help retreive data lost... Is there software that will tell the present state of all the hardware and o.s ? id sure like that bit of gold.

mmike99

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009

Hi Nik, yeah there mine, and my daughters, and like i said mine was password protected. will try those malware

mmike99

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009
ran that program, however the report makes no sense to me. i also ran a data recovery, however i woke yup this morning to see a blank screen, with a little scare blink on top left side......dunno what happened? are you not suppose to run data recovery on the same drive as the one your trying to recover data from on laptops??