Thermalright macho vs CM 212 EVO

vixing

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2012
Is it worth to spend more cash for a True Spirit 140 or Macho, or I should just grab Hyper 212 Evo for my i5 - 3570k?

muhammadbinmehroze

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
No doubt, Thermalright HR-02 Macho is an excellent cooler with a lot of advantages and no drawbacks. We could have some concerns about its large size and heavy weight, but these parameters are hardly drawbacks for contemporary super-coolers (and Macho is obviously one of them).In all other respects the HR-02 is going to be the best choice for a CPU. It is remarkably efficient, boasts low level of noise, comes with a universal retention that is simple to install and secure, and on top of that it costs only $40! Moreover, Macho can cool moderately overclocked processors in fanless mode, which very few coolers are currently capable of, even among the “super” ones.

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO doesn’t set any performance records, but it is not actually supposed to. Considering its price, it is only meant for moderately overclocked CPUs. And the Hyper 212 EVO meets this purpose well enough, coping with even a six-core CPU overclocked to 4.3 GHz, even though turning out to be inferior to the cheaper Thermalright True Spirit. Anyway, if you don't find the latter product in shops, the Hyper 212 EVO can make a worthy alternative.
Besides its good performance, the cooler features broad compatibility, has a simple and reliable fastening mechanism, does not block memory slots and has no conflicts with large heatsinks on a mainboard’s power circuit components. It comes with a pretty fan and allows installing a second one. So, it's a good, although not exceptional, cooler which might have come at a lower price.

Conclusion:
Get the macho, mate :)

cheers!