Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahul babaria

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
If I Buy a low end Intel Board Lga 1156 socket like Intel BOXDP55WB, Intel BOXDH55HC,Intel BOXDH55TC etc. Can I overclock the i5 750, or do I need specific motherboards of msi or Gigabyte to do that.Also do these other mobo allow greater overclocking than intel ?

Solution
I am personally had not so good experience overclocking Intel's boards.

For general usage (without overclocking) they are rock solid, but if you
need a feature rich BIOS especially designed for overclocking, you would
better take a Gigabyte or Asus board.

ocsid80

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
I am personally had not so good experience overclocking Intel's boards.

For general usage (without overclocking) they are rock solid, but if you
need a feature rich BIOS especially designed for overclocking, you would
better take a Gigabyte or Asus board.

Solution

randomkid

Distinguished

Very true. I have seen one Intelboard without OC options at all. It was on my friend's son computer and he asked me to help him OC but I can not even see the option where I change FSB speed.

randomkid

Distinguished

+1.

To the OP:
If you are on a tight budget there are lower priced options (~$80 ) from other mobo manufacturer like MSI, Biostar or ECS.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=+4804+4027&QksAutoSuggestion=&ShowDeactivatedMark=False&Configurator=&Subcategory=-1&description=1156+motherboard&Ntk=&CFG=&SpeTabStoreType=&srchInDesc=

randomkid

Distinguished

For the price, they are really not that bad. I got an ECS GF8200A that can OC a 720BE up to 3.6Ghz. But that is an AMD CPU. But I have no idea how it does in Intel so no harm to advice the OP to steer away from ECS in this case as there are lots of other choices out there anyway.

cyberhmoob

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010

I think it's a bit of luck. Even some expensive motherboards are terrible OverClockers. I spent nearly 300 on an expensive board to upgrade my ASrock last year. Forgot which brand it was I think it was Asus. Anyways it did worse than my asrock budget board so I'm a bit skeptical nowadays when it comes to buying a new board. I am still using that budget board to this very day. Running x4 620 at 3.7ghz:)

Status
Not open for further replies.