Geforce 9500gt resolution problem on win7

ok. i have a 9500 gt! and i got a belinea 10 30 85 / 12 17 02. with a max resolution of 1600x1200 at 60 hz. in win xp it works fine. on win7 i can't pass 1280x1024. i tried different drivers and softs. refresh rate is lock at 75hz.(no matter the resolution) and custom resolution doesn't work it says monitor doesn't suport it ! but it didn't test it.bug? .need help i need 1600x1200 for desktop work. and xp doesn't give me what i want . help ty !
42 answers Last reply
More about geforce 9500gt resolution problem win7
  1. Does your monitor have a driver ? check in their site and they may have a driver for win7
  2. yes i have install the drivers and same thing..
  3. Can you test some games ? go in the games Video option and check if it lets you to choose 1600x1200 or not
  4. in winxp i can ..but in win7 i can't . i can't evan change the frecv. from 75 hz
  5. Have you tried downloading the latest driver for your VGA ?
  6. yes i tried...
  7. run dxdiag
    check all tabs
    do u see any errors in it
  8. i checked it's ok . but at display the monitor is show as generic pnp monitor..but in device manager it's says belinea 10 30 85 / 12 17 02.
  9. go to bios and reset the settings to factory settings
  10. this is because of drivers try to download the drivers from nvidia site
    i guess u have installed xp drivers on windows 7
    did you
  11. which drivers you have installed currently is the driver version 195.X it the latest one
  12. 195.62 and i tried 17x.x and 18x.x :| nothin same
  13. what are these 17.xx
  14. i thin ushould remove all the old drivers and try a frest installation of nvidia drivers

make sure you installing the drivers of vista not of xp

coz i did one installed xp drivers on windows xp on 7and faced the same problem
  15. tryed different versions of 170.x 180.x drivers
  16. also reinstall the direct x may be its direct x problem
  17. i though i f*cked up the windows and i reinstall it with latest drivers and directx is the same :| dunnno why on win xp it works :
  18. try removing the moniter drivers
    because most moniter dont need drivers
    or i think the moniter drivers are corrupted
    see remove the moniter drivers,remove the graphic card drivers and then restart
    and then install the nvidia graphic card drivers
  19. maybe the moniter drivers are for only windows xp
  20. did than several times :)
  21. dont install moniter drivers
    install only graphic card drivers
  22. in device manager is your graphic card displayed there
  23. after i install grphic monitor is installed automaticaly . but if i remove drivers (graphic drivers) the monitor resolution works
  24. i didnt understand
  25. why dont you try the default preloaded drivers of 9500gt
    those are whql tested drivers
  26. hm.. i said if i remove video card drivers i can put 1600x1200, after i install again i can't pass 1280x1024. and the monitor is installed automaticaly
  27. uninstall the the newer driver of 9500gt and restart and the windows 7 will install the drivers automatically
  28. i tried those too. same thing
  29. but when you uninstall do the device manager displays the graphic card?
  30. i asked many times do you see your graphic card in device manager
  31. why dont you roll back the drivers
    select let me choose driver>from the list select one of which it writtten whql drivers
  32. it doesn't work dude. anyway i saw on nvidia forum the 195.81 beta says that fixes the crt monitor refreshrate and resolution on win7 i try those brb
  33. hm.. i said if i remove video card drivers i can put 1600x1200, after i install again i can't pass 1280x1024. and the monitor is installed automaticaly

when you remove the drivers the preloaded windows 7 drivers are installed why dont u leave it as it is

test games and see whether the performance is same as that of xp
  34. urs is the lcd moniter
  35. i found this in one thread
    As easy at it seems I located and installed the right driver for my graphics card from nVidia (GeForce Go 6100) and left the resolution at the highest. Next I went to Start > Control Panel > Auto Updates and checked for updates. under Extra updates (Optional) I had to tell it to install updates it found for that nvidia graphics card/driver and everthing was FIXED!! Remember it will not install them automatically with auto updates as they are optional extras... retarded? yes i know.
  36. hmm u didn't understand. evan with the premade drivers from windows it doesn't work
  37. do you see the graphic card listed in the device manager

how many times i should ask you the same question
  38. if i remove the drivers NO
  39. I'm having the same problem...Im going nutz...I just can't figure it put...tried almost everything and still it doenst't work...Have you found a solution ?
  40. marlind said:
    I'm having the same problem...Im going nutz...I just can't figure it put...tried almost everything and still it doenst't work...Have you found a solution ?

Try driver version 296.10. I had the same problem but this driver fixed it.
  41. I did download the software installer but when I try to install,the installation fails... On the net i found out I'm not the only one facing this problem...Did you had this kind of problem ??
  42. marlind said:
    I did download the software installer but when I try to install,the installation fails... On the net i found out I'm not the only one facing this problem...Did you had this kind of problem ??

yup i had the same problem on my lcd display. The default res of my display is 1440x900 but somehow any res with a aspect ratio of 16:9 or 16:10 disappeared and i was stuck at 1024x768 till driver version 296.10.

What was the error message for the Installation failure??
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Resolution Geforce Windows XP Graphics