ASUS P7P55D OR MSI P55 GD65 ?? which one??

tunnelrat

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009
this is my planned build :

processor -core i5 750 2.66 ghz

ram -2x 2 gb ddr3

gpu -ati hd 5850

smps -corsair 550vx

hdd -segate 500gb

logitech keyboard mouse combo

optical drive -sony dvd writer

lcd -20 inch either lg or samsung

i am in dilema to which mother borad i should go for !!!!
the choices are
1.ASUS P7P55D
OR
2.MSI P55 GD65

BOTH COST THE SAME WHERE I LIVE !!!!

shaado

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
I just designed an i5 build and I went with the asus p55 evo after a lot of reading of reviews and research. I couldn't make a choice at first but then newegg had this one on sale so it was the best for my budget.

I like the board a lot. It has a lot of features and seems very durable because there plenty of times where I thought I was putting a lot of pressure and bending the board.
A small thing to note is that the panel connection to motherboard seemed to get disconnected easily when building and it was not so pleasant to get it securely back in once all your other parts are in place.
I am interested in what someone who has personally used both boards would say.

bababablazin

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010

no way, i vote msi for the win, it will be my upcoming choice, OC Genie looks straight pwnage! one button overclocking? win.

plus, asus has TONS of reviews reporting a screeching buzzing hissing mobo that has a high pitch squeal. sounds like a bucket of fail to me!

foolycooly

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2008

I wouldn't trust any form of automatic overclocking.

WaterRabbit

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2010
I just watched a two part YouTube video from NCIX Tech Tips on the OC Genie and manual OCing the MSI P55 GD80 and another video on the GD65. They had some benchmarks and lots of really good info. Check them out. PS. do a search on YouTube cause I am not sure how they worded the titles , NCIX and the guy that does them has more than one channel.