Testing a i7 980X desktop

Intel just lent me an i7 980X desktop guys, just wanted to share the CPU-Z validation:

...and the WEI and BIOS screens:

I'm still trying to figure out how to open the case, a Thermaltake Element V. I've tried unlocking it, but the damn thing doesn't want to slide off. Also, why are full ATX cases soooo heavy? Nearly got hernia just unpacking the case. :sweat:
4 answers Last reply
More about testing 980x desktop
  1. Very nice, especially the overcrowded task manager window :lol: Now send it to me :)
  2. Very nice indeed,if you can post some benchies too
    About the case,you call that heavy :d ? so Corsair Obsidian is a monster right ? :p
    Anyways here is a review for it,it may help you about opening it:
    http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2009/12/04/thermaltake-element-v-case-review/2

To Random,
    I am in the Que mate,wait for your turn plz :D
  3. I wonder if they cherry-picked the CPU. Look at the core voltage. I realize that it is a 32 nm part, but .95 volts?
  4. randomizer said:
    Very nice, especially the overcrowded task manager window :lol: Now send it to me :)

IKR? Twelve threads FTW! And no sorry, this desktop is only for me. So sayeth Intel! :P

Maziar said:
    Very nice indeed,if you can post some benchies too
    About the case,you call that heavy :d ? so Corsair Obsidian is a monster right ? :p
    Anyways here is a review for it,it may help you about opening it:
    http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2009/12/04/thermaltake-element-v-case-review/2

To Random,
    I am in the Que mate,wait for your turn plz :D

Thanks! Hope that I can figure out those damn latches soon. And, see above :P
    Anonymous said:
    I wonder if they cherry-picked the CPU. Look at the core voltage. I realize that it is a 32 nm part, but .95 volts?

They ran Cinebench on this machine and on an i7 975 desktop (same specs otherwise) during the launch event. The 980X kicked its predecessors ass! I don't think the voltage is variable, so I'm assuming this is the power efficiency Intel was touting?
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Cases Desktops Intel i7