Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Cases
  • Desktops
  • Intel i7
Last response: in CPUs
a b à CPUs
March 22, 2010 5:54:28 AM

Intel just lent me an i7 980X desktop guys, just wanted to share the CPU-Z validation:

...and the WEI and BIOS screens:

I'm still trying to figure out how to open the case, a Thermaltake Element V. I've tried unlocking it, but the damn thing doesn't want to slide off. Also, why are full ATX cases soooo heavy? Nearly got hernia just unpacking the case. :sweat: 

More about : testing 980x desktop

a b à CPUs
March 22, 2010 5:59:02 AM

Very nice, especially the overcrowded task manager window :lol:  Now send it to me :) 
a b à CPUs
March 22, 2010 8:55:11 AM

Very nice indeed,if you can post some benchies too
About the case,you call that heavy :D  ? so Corsair Obsidian is a monster right ? :p 
Anyways here is a review for it,it may help you about opening it:
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2009/12/04/thermaltake...

To Random,
I am in the Que mate,wait for your turn plz :D 
Related resources
a c 172 à CPUs
March 22, 2010 9:19:56 AM

I wonder if they cherry-picked the CPU. Look at the core voltage. I realize that it is a 32 nm part, but .95 volts?
a b à CPUs
March 22, 2010 11:04:46 AM

randomizer said:
Very nice, especially the overcrowded task manager window :lol:  Now send it to me :) 

IKR? Twelve threads FTW! And no sorry, this desktop is only for me. So sayeth Intel! :p 

Maziar said:
Very nice indeed,if you can post some benchies too
About the case,you call that heavy :D  ? so Corsair Obsidian is a monster right ? :p 
Anyways here is a review for it,it may help you about opening it:
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2009/12/04/thermaltake...

To Random,
I am in the Que mate,wait for your turn plz :D 

Thanks! Hope that I can figure out those damn latches soon. And, see above :p 
jsc said:
I wonder if they cherry-picked the CPU. Look at the core voltage. I realize that it is a 32 nm part, but .95 volts?

They ran Cinebench on this machine and on an i7 975 desktop (same specs otherwise) during the launch event. The 980X kicked its predecessors ass! I don't think the voltage is variable, so I'm assuming this is the power efficiency Intel was touting?
!