Sign in with
Your question

Forex Trading Computer Components

Last response: in Systems
January 16, 2010 6:01:29 PM

Greetings all;

I'd like some recommendations on a new build for a trading computer. I'd begin by driving dual monitors but ultimately 6-8 monitors total. The Forex trading application would be installed multiple times, one for each monitor displaying different currencies and/or different charts. The application would be Metatrader, and almost no data is stored locally so HD space is not a big requirement.

I'm unsure what kind of horsepower is required to drive multiple copies of the application and multiple monitors. Any recommendations for motherboard, processor and graphic card(s) is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
JN
January 21, 2010 4:18:08 AM

For multiple-display setups, it's obviously the graphics card that's the most important. May I suggest something as powerful as the ATI HD 5890? It's definitely overpowered for just one measly monitor, but it can power up to 8 displays on its own, IIRC.
December 26, 2010 5:48:00 PM

Yea, Just do what I did and go to http://eztradingcomputers.com and get the free guide then you can build your own or buy one from them with a 3 year warranty and support in the US! lol I ended up calling Eddie on the phone to spec out a system he is very helpful.
!