Urgent: HELP NEEDED: CPU Down Throttling During Gaming/BenchMarking.

HyperBlue

Honorable
Jul 21, 2012
Please take your time to read all of this thread.

Hello, I have just purchased and built my very first gaming rig, but I have recently been having a problem. When I play games or I decide to benchmark my PC my PC down throttles itself down from 4.3Ghz to 1.6 ghz therefore I get much lower and very inconsistent FPS, this makes benchmarking and gaming a nightmare.

My PC rigs specs are as follows:

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 WindForce x3

MotherBoard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4

Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.3ghz

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

Optical Drive: Sony AD-7280S

RAM: Corsair 8gb DDR3 @ 1600mhz

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB

SSD: Samsung 830 series 128gb

PSU: Corsair CMPSU-750TXV2UK Enthusiast (750 W)

Resolution: 1980x1080

Basically my my problem is that when I set multipliers to 43 with all cores enabled in the bios, I cannot turn off intel turbo boost (which after some research has suggested to me that is causing the down throttling to occur). The option simply just skips past, meaning I cannot disable to option. I have attempted to disable to option beforehand but it defaults back as soon as I set the cpu ratio from auto to all cores.

I have ran prime 95 tests for 1 hour and the max temperature I was getting was 68 degrees Celsius.

I would gladly appreciate help in turning off turbo boost while allowing me to change multipliers or to fix the down throttling.

I ran heaven benchmark at max settings and only recorded a 40 fps on 1080p, I was expecting much more with my GPU (I was expecting high 70's) after some research I determined that the CPU was down throttling itself to 1600 Mhz during testing which bottlenecked the GPU.