Sign in with
Your question

Rundll error at startup

Last response: in Windows XP
August 14, 2012 4:12:11 AM

My computer became infected with numerous trojans a few weeks ago. I managed to get my computer back to working condition with the use of Malwarebytes, Spybot, AVG, and Rkill, but I've been getting a rundll error at startup ever since.

I know that it's as simple as clicking "ok" to bypass the error, but the error shouldn't be occurring and I would like to get rid of it. I've searched online for solutions, but I'm not having any luck with what I've found. One site instructed me to repeat the spyware scans, which I've done to no avail. The site went on to say that a lack of spyware indicates corruption of the rundll file, and that a Windows repair is necessary.

I've been looking into Windows repair, but I'm having some trouble. I started by running NTBACKUP; I've saved a complete backup file onto a flash drive. However, I don't have a Windows CD, and can't begin the repair. I looked into the steps for obtaining the CD information from my hard drive, but the winnt32.exe file is not in the I386 folder, and doesn't appear to be anywhere else. I downloaded WinAccess2 which couldn't find the file either.

I would greatly appreciate any advice on the matter.

More about : rundll error startup

August 14, 2012 5:29:15 AM

Nevermind. I ran a registry scan and was able to remove the culprit from startup.
m
l
!