Quiet Heatsink for i7-3770 on Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe in Antec P180

I am upgrading my computer and am looking for a heatsink to be used with an I7-3770 on a Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe in an older Antec P180B case. I want air cooling, not water.

My primary criteria is silence. I do not expect to be overclocking.

What's recommended these days for silent air cooling?
10 answers Last reply
More about quiet heatsink 3770 asus p8z77 deluxe antec p180
  1. Do you have a budget?
  2. Budget? Not specifically, but I'm expecting under $100.
  3. Noctua NH-D14!

Don't worry about it not fitting, because it will!

4. Oh my! That's rather overwhelming -- much bigger than the Tuniq Tower I have now!

There's no interference with RAM or PCI slots?
  5. GuyScharf said:
    Oh my! That's rather overwhelming -- much bigger than the Tuniq Tower I have now!

There's no interference with RAM or PCI slots?

No!

It's also probably THE quietest CPU coolers out there! Noctua is very famous for their silent products! :na:
  6. Will I be able to remove and insert RAM in all four slots with the Noctua cooler installed? I plan on using a set of four: G.Skill Ripjaws Z series: F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH.
  7. Ripjaws will fit.
    http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=compatibility_ram_gen&setlng=en&products_id=34

However I would recomend fitting ram before cooler;)
  8. Thermalright makes some great coolers their Macho HR-02 sells for under $100 and there are a lot of reviews on the net (too many to list) showing it out performs the D-14. It can also run passively, if that's your cup of tea.
  9. Thanks for the suggestion about the Thermalright Macho HR-02. I'm surprised, though, that I can find almost no dealers that carry it. Is it still in production?

Do you know if there is any problem with VRM heat spreader clearance on the Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe?
  10. No problem that I know of and I believe it is available at www.nansgaminggear.com for $39.95 and another cooler is the True Spirit for about $29.95.
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Asus Antec Intel i7 Overclocking