Overclocked new build- OCCT temps seem impossible

Hey guys, I need some experienced opinions to confirm my suspicion that OCCT must be showing inaccurate temperature readings. I don't know what it was reading prior to overclocking my X3 455 since I installed OCCT afterward, but running at 3498mhz (up from 3300mhz stock), it's showing a range of 19-22C across all three cores while I sit here online. That would equate to 66-72F ... which seems very unlikely given that the digital thermometer I have sitting beside the case on my desk reads 73F right now. The GPU is reading a much more believable 37C.

I am afraid to see what happens with the core readings if I run the CPU load test, as I don't trust I would know with any accuracy when I was close to frying the processor. I started with the 4.1.0 version, as that's what install files I keep on my system utilities USB drive. After I saw the numbers, I uninstalled and went with the newest v4.3.1 to compare. Same story. This is on a MSI 760GM-P23 mobo, as I should have mentioned earlier. If opinion is that there is an issue with the board sensors, I am definitely returning it and going with another manufacturer- I've already had more issues with this mobo and its BIOS than with all my other systems combined.

Thanks for the time!
1 answer Last reply
More about overclocked build occt temps impossible
  1. have you tried another program, like speedfan or HWmonitor?

i've had the same issue, turning Cool n' quiet off seemed to fix it for me
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks New Build Overclocking