GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD4P or ASUS P7P55 - E PRO?

aznphatty

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010
So I recently found out by a lot of reviews that the ASUS P7P55-E PRO has a high pitch noise so I decided to look at gigabyte, and now I'm confused. I kind of figured out Gigabyte's product numbers.

It looks like if I want to SLI or crossfire on the UD4P then my usb3 and sata6 is off? Then I read that the USB3 on ASUS is slower than Gigabyte, but it's only because gigbyte will disable one of the pci-e slots for the ports.

ok ok to make things short, I know that the asus board I'm looking at is a little cheaper than the gigabyte board. ( I thought that gigabyte should be cheaper). Is that high pitch noise on asus that bad or very common that I shouldn't buy it? Is this gigabyte board good or is there another board better for the price? I don't think I'll SLI but it's an option I want to leave open.

FYI Asus board is $179.99, Gigabyte $184.99

Thanks for the help! =)

Hiphopapodamus

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010

I have the ASUS P7P55-E PRO and it works great. I got it to post on the first try and it was my first time building a pc from the ground up. Here it is on this website too if you wanna see more. No high pitched noise for me, just an awesome pc.
http://howtoeyefinity.webs.com/
Hope this helps :) and God Bless