BernardC

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
Ok, so all my parts have arrived from Newegg and I am about ready to start putting my first system together. I just wanted to check and make sure I am setting the case fans up correctly.The front fan should be pulling in, the back and top fans should be pushing air out, is this correct? Now what about the optional fans for the bottom of the case near the power supply and the side panel fan? Should they be pulling in or pushing out?

I have the CM Hyper TX-3 HSF with just the stock fan. What direction should the airflow be going off this for effective cooling of AMD Phenom 965 CPU? And lastly which fans should go directly to the mobo and which to the power supply. I just want to make sure I am doing this right as I am very new at this. Thanks for all your help :whistle:

Heat rises so you will want the bottom fans blowing up. You will also want the side fan blowing in but I wouldn't bother with is unless you have a graphics card in there that needs a lot of cooling.
Ideally, I think you would want to set up the heatsink so the fan is on the bottom blowing towards the top of the case through the heatsink.
The fans with the big connectors that don't look like they would fit on any motherboard connectors attach to the power supply. Ideally, you will also was slightly more fan power blowing out than in.