Any new quads expected ??

abhishekk89

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
I am planning to get a new machine... i'm favouring the core i5 as of now... but is intel or amd scheduled to release an new quads to the market ?? around the $200-$250 price range..

i don't mind waiting for some time... if any new products are scheduled to be released...

Solution
As previously said, AMD will be releasing 6-core CPUs soon enough. Intel only recently released the i5s and i7s so I would only expect moderate increases in speed and stepping for now. Of course Intel will trickle down 6-core CPUs to lower price points if they see AMD created a demand for them. As for new architectures, nothing new till AMD releases Bulldozer based CPUs.
As previously said, AMD will be releasing 6-core CPUs soon enough. Intel only recently released the i5s and i7s so I would only expect moderate increases in speed and stepping for now. Of course Intel will trickle down 6-core CPUs to lower price points if they see AMD created a demand for them. As for new architectures, nothing new till AMD releases Bulldozer based CPUs.

Solution

4745454b

Titan
Not sure I'd do that. IF AMD can release a 6 core part in the $200 range it might be better then the i5 750. It's rumored to be a 2.6 or 2.8GHz part and will have more cores to combat the i5s higher IPC. Seeing as its supposed to be coming soon, I myself would probably wait to see who comes out on top.