Component compatibility checker

mkyam

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010
Hi,

I'm planning on building a Core i7 system, which is my first effort on building a computer. Below are the components that I've settled for:

Processor: Intel Core i7-920
Motherboard: Asus P6T (LGA1366)
Memory: 3 x 2GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1600
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 5870
HDD: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black
PSU: Corsair TX850W
Casing: Cooler Master HAF 922

Please comment if there is any incompatibility issue or performance bottlenect on the above specification.

Thank you and happy building to all!!

Cheers!

Solution
Everything is compatible.

You might check the Kingston against Asus' QVL. 99pct of the time it doesn't matter, the one time it does you'll wish you'd checked first.

The p6t has only 2x 16x pcie slots, and they're only seperated by a single pcie 1.0. If you plan on crossfiring at some point in the future it'll work, but the cards will be stacked on top of each other and run much hotter than if they were seperated like this:

P6T Deluxe V2

Of course that's a 50 dollar upgrade, but it also offers higher phase power (16+2 vs 6+2), better nb/sb/mosfet coolers, 2 additional usb ports, and an additional ethernet port.

The reality however is the only real difference is the pcie spacing lol.

a4mula

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Everything is compatible.

You might check the Kingston against Asus' QVL. 99pct of the time it doesn't matter, the one time it does you'll wish you'd checked first.

The p6t has only 2x 16x pcie slots, and they're only seperated by a single pcie 1.0. If you plan on crossfiring at some point in the future it'll work, but the cards will be stacked on top of each other and run much hotter than if they were seperated like this:

P6T Deluxe V2

Of course that's a 50 dollar upgrade, but it also offers higher phase power (16+2 vs 6+2), better nb/sb/mosfet coolers, 2 additional usb ports, and an additional ethernet port.

The reality however is the only real difference is the pcie spacing lol.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS