Sign in with
Your question

Microphone works in sound hardware wizard but stops working after test

Last response: in Components
March 22, 2010 9:18:30 PM

Hello,

My internal and external microphone works in the sound hardware wizard but stops working after testing successfully. I have a Sigmatel sound card and am running Windows XP SP3. I've updated the BIOS and Sigmatel audio driver.

Thanks for any help.

Ed
March 25, 2010 5:26:35 AM

Could you check if the Microphone's enabled in your Control Panel audio settings?
m
l
April 1, 2010 7:30:49 PM

Yes, it is checked. It's just odd that the mike would work during the hardware test and stop working after the test is completed.
m
l
Related resources
November 28, 2010 6:17:23 PM

I am having exactly the same problem and have been searching for a solution for days. Did you find an answer? If so please share. Thanks in advance.

(using ASUS mobo A8N32 SLI Deluxe with onboard Realtek AC97, Windows XP, fully updated)
m
l
November 28, 2010 6:45:47 PM

is it not working or is it muted? so you dont receive feedback?
m
l
November 28, 2010 7:26:03 PM

not working, sound hardware test works perfectly, then when complete, nothing.
m
l
November 28, 2010 10:44:26 PM

aktohl said:
I am having exactly the same problem and have been searching for a solution for days. Did you find an answer? If so please share. Thanks in advance.

(using ASUS mobo A8N32 SLI Deluxe with onboard Realtek AC97, Windows XP, fully updated)

Hi aktohl, I never found an answer for this issue. I no longer have the computer at this point.

Ed
m
l
November 29, 2010 2:41:42 AM

Define "Not working"; are we talking a single program here, or what?

As a test, try going into the microphone properties and enable "Monitering" and see if you can hear anything.
m
l
!