Soldier629

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010
I'm building my first computer and it looks like I have everything set to go, but it won't power up. The PSU's fan turns on when I use the "paperclip trick", so it's not that. The only thing I can think of is that either the mobo was doa, or because I can't find out where to put a plug that came with my switch that is labeled "Power SW" at the end. It has two square inserts at the end . I can't find where to plug them into on the mobo. Is there a specific spot? And would not having this plugged in effect the motherboard getting power from the PSU(the PSU has a master on/off switch)

njure

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010

Hi! The Power SW is the case's Power Switch, it is often positioned in the lower right corner (depending on viewing angle). I took a look at the manual for A780GXH, and found where to plug it. It was at the approximated place however labeled "Pwrbtn" or "Power button" = Power Switch. Anyway, just plug it on these two pins assigned as "Pwrbtn" in the manual at page 12. (Link to manual http://download.asrock.com/manual/A780GXH128M.pdf , look at the overview and find the absolute spot to the loooower right. Also labeled as "19" thus making it easier to find.
Please return if you have further questions :)

TRENDING THREADS