Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Thermaltake water 2.0 Temps Extreme heat help!

Last response: in Overclocking
August 28, 2012 7:32:58 AM

So my friend got the new thermaltake water 2.0 pro. He recently set it up yesterday with his uncle. He turned it on an checked bios. His 2600k was operating at 92C. I told him to shut it down because that is not right at all. I'm going to do my best at describing what it looks like in his NZXT case. (I don't know the model of the NZXT i believe its the phantom case).

The radiator is attached with the 2 120 mm fans to the back of the case. Set up for push pull configuration. System powers on an all fans spin. The tubing goes from the radiator up and down to the cpu. So if you can imagine the tubes going up first then down to the cpu.

So I think the tubes need to go down that way the pump will actually function correctly. Does it matter if they go up or no? Could it just be a faulty product?

Thanks in advance :) 

Best solution

a c 190 K Overclocking
August 28, 2012 6:09:05 PM

I'll get this out of the way before the tirade starts,

First mistake, buying Thermaltake water, end of.
Secondly, make sure the thermal paste was applied correctly/is in contact with the Cpu,
And third, is there and knocking type noise at all?
it may be that he has an air bubble in the loop, to try and move it, rotate the Pc on all axis' and see if that helps,

You/He will get blasted for having bought a TT loop, they aren't very good at all and if H'ed posted here asking for a loop/cooler suggestion, he would only have got Xspc, Swiftech and Corsair Hxxx recommendations,
Live and learn though :) 
Moto
August 28, 2012 7:05:21 PM

Didn't buy got it through a SC2 convention newegg asked him a question about what do zerglings look like when they get the speed upgrade. Idk what he said but he got that an wanted to put it on. .

Thanks for the help we will try today and I'll post back.
m
l
Related resources
a c 190 K Overclocking
August 28, 2012 7:15:20 PM

Hehe, at least he didn't waste money on it lol :) 
I'll check for updates in the morning,
Moto
m
l
a b K Overclocking
August 29, 2012 12:16:17 AM

Yeah, my first thought was the same Moto. Although it's just a regular AIO cooler, not the Bigwater kits ;) 

My second thought was that it was a mounting issue. If all else fails, it's either an air bubble or pump issue.
m
l
August 29, 2012 2:27:03 AM

garrettk4 said:
So my friend got the new thermaltake water 2.0 pro. He recently set it up yesterday with his uncle. He turned it on an checked bios. His 2600k was operating at 92C. I told him to shut it down because that is not right at all. I'm going to do my best at describing what it looks like in his NZXT case. (I don't know the model of the NZXT i believe its the phantom case).

The radiator is attached with the 2 120 mm fans to the back of the case. Set up for push pull configuration. System powers on an all fans spin. The tubing goes from the radiator up and down to the cpu. So if you can imagine the tubes going up first then down to the cpu.

So I think the tubes need to go down that way the pump will actually function correctly. Does it matter if they go up or no? Could it just be a faulty product?

Thanks in advance :) 

As boiler stated above try reseating the block
m
l
a c 324 K Overclocking
August 29, 2012 3:09:17 AM

I agree with Boiler- airlock somewhere. Disconnect the radiator so it's able to be freely moved about and rotate while the pump is powered up. This should dislodge any air bubbles, but if this doesn't work out, you might have larger concerns.
m
l
August 29, 2012 3:43:40 AM

Sucess, thanks for all of the replies.

We turned the block so now the water cables come out downwards instead of upwards. Also applied new thermal grease, our last attempt didn't fully coat the processor.

Final temps at stock speed for 2600k 45c (Looked at through bios) which isn't great but better than 95c haha now to choose the best answer

thanks again guys!
m
l
August 29, 2012 3:46:31 AM

Best answer selected by garrettk4.
m
l
a c 190 K Overclocking
August 29, 2012 5:58:59 AM

Thankyou for B.a.man, glad to help, even allinone owners :-)
Moto
m
l
!