2 questions about LLC and C3/C6

rogigor

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
Hi,

I'm in the middle of my overclocking process and I've read many different OC guides. Since I have Asrock P67 Pro3 I'm following mainly this guide. I have some questions though, because I've read some contradictory statements.

1)
Offset Mode: Your CPU will use VERY LITTLE voltage and speed when idling, ANYTIME you idle. (Even browsing can be considered idling.)
Enhanced Halt State (C1E): Enabled
CPU C3 State Support: Disabled
CPU C6 State Support: Disabled
Package C State Support: Disabled
Fixed Mode: Your CPU will run full voltage and speed all the time, even when idling.
Enhanced Halt State (C1E): Enabled
CPU C3 State Support: Enabled
CPU C6 State Support: Enabled
Package C State Support: Auto
Isn't it the other way around ? I mean always thought that by leaving C3/C6 enabled my pc will use little voltage.

2) Load Line Calibration levels - 5 gives you the least voltage compensation and 1 the most, right ?

Z1NONLY

Distinguished
That quote looks backwards, yes.

Enabling C-states will allow result in less voltage at low usage/idle states.

Disabling C-states will result generally in constant voltage.

As for LLC, I guess it could vary by board, but 1 is usually less and the higher numbers are usually more.

rogigor

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
Ok - as for LLC I checked it manually and lvl5 is the lowest while level 1 is the highest. So that's clear.

As for C-states I checked them manually as well and I didn't see any difference. Right now I have c3/c6 and Package C State support disabled with the offset mode and when iddling CPU-Z shows lower voltage (0,944V).

When I enabled them the voltage was fluctuating as well, but to a bit lower lvl - 0,912V.

I've read somewhere that they should be disabled with the offset mode so I'll keep them that way.