Sign in with
Your question

Thermaltake SpinQ VT worth it for OC?

Last response: in Overclocking
August 28, 2012 1:45:26 PM

Is Thermaltake SpinQ VT worth for overclocking? Because there's store in my city sold aftermarket cooling mostly Thermaltake.
a b K Overclocking
August 31, 2012 11:49:32 AM

Depends, I found on my AMD Phenom II x4 940 at 3.5ghz the SpinQ was garbage, I returned it for a cheaper Corsair A70 which worked perfect with the same CPU but at 3.8ghz.

If your using it on that Core 2 Duo in your sig, the SpinQ will work perfect for you, I would personnaly choose a Coolermaster evo 212 from Amazon for really cheap and is even better then the Corsair A70.
m
l
September 3, 2012 6:10:35 AM

Viking2121 said:
Depends, I found on my AMD Phenom II x4 940 at 3.5ghz the SpinQ was garbage, I returned it for a cheaper Corsair A70 which worked perfect with the same CPU but at 3.8ghz.

If your using it on that Core 2 Duo in your sig, the SpinQ will work perfect for you, I would personnaly choose a Coolermaster evo 212 from Amazon for really cheap and is even better then the Corsair A70.

Hyper 212 EVO doesn't fit on my case because they are slimmer than common mid tower case (like mid-tower case, but it smaller than NZXT Source or simillar case, but 120mm fan doesn't fit on this case, only 92mm or 80mm. However it was for system builder case and cheap which usually used on pre-builted PC by small computer store).
The cooler which supported on my case:
1. Cooler Master GeminII S524 (low-profile, but expensive)
2. Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO (perfectly works, but lack of availability)
3. Xigmatek Loki (works on my case, but I got trouble to buy them)
4. Xigmatek Nepartak (like Loki, but slightly expensive)

Is number 3 and 4 perfect for my C2D. But I must buy them online (not Newegg). But I was lazy to buy online, however they never sold Cooler Master and Xigmatek cooler because most people on my city preferred stock cooling than aftermarket cooling which spend more bucks (however, that cooler has better cooling even they using cheap CPU like Celeron, Pentium, Core i3, Sempron, Athlon, AMD A. My C2D was very hot with stock even not OCed when playing games).
m
l
!