AsRock Extreme 3 Gen 3 BIOS Questions

kreek

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2011
Ok so I have been diving into overclocking recently and have usually just raised my CPU multiplier to 42, and then lowered the offset voltage by about .0050. I have not tried adjusting all of the settings you see in the overclocking guides, however I'm going to try that as well. So my motherboard is the AsRock Extreme 3 Gen 3, and looking through the stuff Mr.Face says I need to enable/disable here:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/265056-29-2600k-2500k-overclocking-guide

I noticed that I don't have a clue where it's located at in my BIOS, as it must be named differently. Does anybody with experience in an AsRock BIOS know where these are:

Limit CPUID Maximum
Power Technology
C1E Support
OverSpeed Protection
Execute Disable Bit

I can find a few of them such as Spread Spectrum, Internal PLL Overvoltage, and Intel Virtualization Tech, however I have no clue where the rest are. Anybody have any ideas? Google isn't helping me on this one. :(

kreek

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2011
Some of his "methods" seem to not be very acurate. Like the fact that you shouldn't lower the offset voltage even though he has it set to over 1.3volts on a 4.2Ghz overclock. That's is WAY too much for that, or at least from what I have read from other sources. Right now I have mine at around 1.2v and is stable. I'll look into it some more though. Thanks for the link!