600 watts PSU

shubham1401

Distinguished
Hello and welcome to the forum :)

If I have to choose one of those two then I will choose the OCZ PSU because it is much cheaper and it is a good quality unit.

BTW How did you figure out that you'll need a 600W PSU ?
Mention your system specs please :)

Henry Chinaski

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Both have the same performance level, but the unit from CM has some advantages:
- more connectors
- the cables from the modular cabling system are flat
- lower noise and ripple levels
- On the CM one you can pull up to 675 W from it. On the OCZ one you can’t pass from the labeled 600 W.

But the OCZ one only costs 75$ (15$ less than the PSU from CM), making it a bargain, being the power supply with one of the best cost/benefit ratios for the average user today

I would get a Corsair 550VX (41 amp 12 volt rail)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139004

More usable power than either of the others.

CM makes some great cases, but they haven't quite learned to build a truly good PSU. And OCZ? I can't keep track of which models to stay away from and which are OK.

Modular cables? For the same price, I'd rather have a great PSU with fixed cables than a so-so one with modular cables.

^5 +1 what jsc said.

Corsair and Seasonic are two brands that have a reputation for high quality power supplies that consistently earn high marks in technical reviews. They are reliable, stable, and come with a 5 year warranty. Some of the newer models come with a 7 year warranty. Lately we've been seeing a few other brands offering some high quality units. One example would be the Antec Earthwatts and the Antec TruePower New models which are a major improvement over Antec’s older psu’s like the Basiq models.