Where could I find windows 7 drivers for a IBM intellistation Z pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wraedeohed

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2010
Will be getting another workstation soon, an IBM intellistation Z pro, but I would like to run windows 7 on it. Any idea there are drivers available for this system?

It'll either be this or a Dell workstation, either way I haven't been able to find drivers on their sites. IBM doesn't make the Intellistation anymore, but they still support it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SHANEMARINES

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010

http://www.drivershq.com/Drivers/IBM/IntelliStation-Z-Pro/21347/21395/Models.aspx

I hope thats the drivers you were looking for just click the link and follow down towards the bottom of the page. You will just need to find your series or so called model of that IBM Intellistation.

ronaldwishart

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2007
and if you cant find Win7 drivers, try and find Vista drivers as they will work aswell.
But windows 7 is pretty good with its driver support within the OS, I have had a good few P.cs (p4's and so on) just install win7 and all the hardware is ready to go...

tinker1

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2010
i found driver for my Z PRO 6223 on IBM site under REF info i called ibm first then they sent me some links for the specs it took me a little time to find. i got my pc from overstock. com the were also very helpfull ibm has a back up built in u can make a disk from that i think ? im new to ibm but getting it going hope this helps

wraedeohed

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2010
Hey you guys I appreciate the help, nice to have people so interested in helping. I was mainly worried about Windows recognizing both processors. A coworker also told me that Vista drivers would work as well.

SHANEMARINES

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
It's okay man anytime!

BTW:

If you just right click a install file like a.k.a a driver and you click compatability mode you can install any old Windows driver. I got a driver that was back in Windows NT days to work and a Win 98 game to install using Windows 7.

I'm glad we solved your question.

skatepunka

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010
Hi There.

I have the same IBM z-Pro 6223 and just installed win7.

Also one device is missing. I don't know what it is. Maybe the Chipset driver? Where did you get the vista driver?

Please write back to soeschi[at]hotmail.com

Thank you

Soeren

reaperakiller87

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2010
i have a IBM z pro with win7 they run good if you use 64bit dont us the win7 32bit it will crash alot.......ps Ibm are the shithttp://img.tomshardware.com/forum/uk/icones/smilies/bounce.gif

zoo

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011

Where did you find your audio driver from? I installed windows 7 ultimate on my zpro but I cannot get the compatability for the xp audio driver to work for 7. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.