Closed

Sound Blaster Audigy 2 zs

Hey guys,

I recently Upgraded from Windows Xp to Windows 7 x64 bit. My sound card (Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS works fine except when
i go into my device manager. It sais missing driver for (Creative Game Game Port). A lot of people have been
complaining about the exact same thing. Did creative drop support for their older hardware???
6 answers Last reply
More about sound blaster audigy
  1. P.S. I hate the fact that I can't seem to things without asking for help lol
  2. can find the latest drivers here
    http://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=1&subCatID=205&prodID=4915&prodName=Audigy%202%20ZS&subCatName=Audigy&CatName=Sound+Blaster

The game port on that card was a serial port that went in one of your expansion slots and was connected to the card by a ribbon cable. Unless you actually plan to use the serial port I wouldn't worry about it.
  3. Im running Win7 x64 with the Audigy 2 ZS, all the drivers from creative install fine including the game port.

http://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=1&subCatID=205&prodID=4915&prodName=Audigy%202%20ZS&subCatName=Audigy&CatName=Sound+Blaster&VARSET=prodfaq:PRODFAQ_4915,VARSET=CategoryID:1

The only error that i seem to get is when i click on the speaker icon on the mixer to bring up the speaker properties which reads:
    " Windows has detected that the audio enhancement for the following device is causing problems:
    Speakers(Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS (WDM))
    Would you like to disable driver enhancements for this device? Yes/No "

I have not gotten any problems with selecting "No" so far on mine.
  4. Yeah i download those exact drivers and i still get the same issue with the game port.

O well i guess im going on board, I can't stand the blue Screen crashes from it.
  5. It says, in the details of the driver download, on Creatives website that known issues for this driver include unsupported gameport in Windows 7, Vista and XP 64bit. I guess they figure no one is really going to use the serial game port anyway these days. I just disabled the gameport in the device manager and I have had no m ore issues. Hope this helps somebody.
  6. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Sound Cards Sound Blaster Creative Components