Can a gaming pc affect room temperature?

songorocosongo

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
I live in Puerto Rico and in my city, temperatures get over 90F regularly and even up to 100F. There was a particular day last month when it was at 97 but it felt like 110F because it rains a lot and the humidity makes it even worse. There is no AC in my apartment so my room is pretty warm most of time. Sometimes when I'm in doing stuff in my PC, specially when gaming , I feel more heat in my room.

Temps are ok inside the computer, nothing to be alarmed there. But still, that's 50 or 60 degrees spreading around.
The fans in my case are the ones it brought and my cpu is using the stock fan and heatsink.

My question is:
If I install a nice cpu cooler like this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118223 (Zalman CNPS9500A-LED 92mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler) and a good fan on the side panel, will room temperature get a little lower? If so, is it going to be significantly better?

Solution
No A/C with those temps? And I thought living in FL with A/C was hell at times. Anyways, adding a better fan and cooler will make little to no difference in the temperature of your room. Adding better cooling to the computer does not affect the amount of heat the computer generates. Circulating more air through the computer will only heat your room up faster. As akxpckwb said, the heat has to go somewhere. That somewhere is your room. It is what it is.

akxpckwb

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
Well the heat generated from your computer has to go somewhere and that somewhere is your room. I have a small room and you can easily notice the temperature difference between it and the rest of the house.
You could switch your computer to a bigger room. Since there's more air around it will remain cooler (or at least take more time to heat up). Or try creating an air draft (or whatever its called) by opening lets say the window and the door on the room

jdog2pt0

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
No A/C with those temps? And I thought living in FL with A/C was hell at times. Anyways, adding a better fan and cooler will make little to no difference in the temperature of your room. Adding better cooling to the computer does not affect the amount of heat the computer generates. Circulating more air through the computer will only heat your room up faster. As akxpckwb said, the heat has to go somewhere. That somewhere is your room. It is what it is.

Solution

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Something to think about songorocosongo :)

duct5_large.jpg

songorocosongo

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
well thanks guys

I did a little cualitative analysis myself (since right now I'm taking a thermodynamics course) and got to the conclusion, which later i found obvious duh, that more fans would just take the heat from inside the computer and transfer it to the room faster. But in the end, the temp would be the same. Just as akxpckwb and jdog2pt0 said

My only achievable option is to buy better components in the future that work at lower temps under load. boju's contribution is very interesting but I can't do that due to the rules of this building.

akxpckwb

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
On a kind of related note:

My computer is near a window and like OP my room gets hot. Now this is not a problem for me however my parents insist I open the window. We all hate when the sun turns half the screen white so is there a solution to this?