seogoat

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2009
I have this shondy Realtek HD Audio built in card which sucks.

I want another one; a decent one. Please point me towards some models which are the best value for money. I am not a sound card enthusiast. The last one I had was a Digifire 7.1 and I thought it was amazing. It was old but it was pretty intuitive and always worked. It still works now, that's a hell of a long time it's been going for.

seogoat

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2009
In the end I have decided to go with this:

Asus Xonar D2X 7.1 Channel PCI-Express Sound Card

Do you think it is the best choice for value?

The D2X is a very good card, but it is priced to close to the Auzentech Prelude/ASUS Essence STX in my opinion. [I have the ASUS D2, which is the PCI varient, but otherwise exactly the same except for the PCI->PCI-E bridge chip]. Based on price, the best value is still the ASUS Xonar D1/DX, which rules to $89 price range. [Then the Forte, then you move to the higher end Prelude/Essence STX].

(I'm assuming the D2/D2X still sells at around $170 or so; if you got it for $150 or under, then you got a good deal)

denialmark

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010
I have Realtek HD Audio built in card which sucks in my computer but there is sound problem appear in it because when i am going with high volume its not working with good sound quality.
Please give me suggestions to make a good sound quality.
Thank you in advance.

seogoat

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2009
Thanks Gamerk. I must have missed the fact it was priced close the to Auzentech. All the cards everyone has mentioned have been fun to look at.

Now I'm looking at

Asus Xonar Essence STX 2 Channel PCI Express Audio Card

I think I really want that one now lol...

seogoat

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2009
denialmark: are your latest drivers installed? re installe them anyway.

Still can't get it to work? Then get a new card. This thread will help you choose.

Best card right now; but remember, only SPDIF/2.0 RCA is supported. [Note RCA->3.5mm converters are quite common]. Due to its headphone jack, its really geared toward headphone users.

Empire Musik

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
I need a sound card for my Dell Vostro420 w/ XP professional. I will be using it for recording and to make music. Can anybody give me what I could get.

TRENDING THREADS