I'm sold on the ATI 5770, but which brand/item should I purchase?

soknar

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
I looked on newegg for the list. I see many different versions of the same thing. Can anyone help pick the best choice for me?

hallowed_dragon

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008

Yes you are right. If the poster changes the cards often I suggest to look into brands like Sapphire, HIS, XFX, Visiontech. Asus is too overpriced and basically doesn't offer anything more except the unlocked BIOS voltage and some software.

No, i didn't overrate Sapphire... :)
I just say: "They perform basically the same"
i have 3 HIS cards(x1550, x1650 pro and HD 4850), but i still suggest XFX cause it's warranty.
Dragon is also right: "if you change cards every 1-2 years the warranty is almost insignificant"

hallowed_dragon

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
I still dont get why ppl overrate Sapphire. I mean wow they have lower clocks and *** like that. XFX, EVGA, Zotac, Club3D are the best brands by FAR!

Why doesn't that surprise me...nVidia based companies. Kid, as BDDazza said, get your head out of your @@@ and stop giving people advices based on your very little experience or at least behave like an adult and stop using expression like
I got XFX 4890 and it pisses all over any other 4890. XFX>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
or
wow wow take it ezz man...

Come along, children, play nice or the MODS will take your sweeties away;)

@ Skonar: Do not bother with expensive or flashy coolers, the HD5770 just does not need them, my reference Sapphire runs both cool (78C under load) and is as quiet as the stock Intel cooler on my shiny new i5 :)
That said, XFX do seem to have the best warranty and good aftersales service so they get my vote, providing there is not to great a price premium, otherwise just get a cheap, stock card and overclock it yourself.

daedalus685

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
I will usually go with XFX, the double warranty means it is transferable if you ever sell the cards to someone else (or give them to your brother when you upgrade). Which if you have a short upgrade cycle is key. However, sapphire tends to release nicer non reference models.

However, if we are talking about the stock, reference, all look the same cards then they are all exactly the same in terms of what you get in the end. Get the cheapest one you can find.

If you want the reference card, get xfx for the warranty and excellent RMA support. If you are looking for fancy cooling with crazy OCs XFX rarely releases these kind of ATI cards and sapphire's are usually the top of the line. XFX will release higher clocked cards (black edition) but almost never with better cooling. Mind you XFX also covers changing the heat sink and over clocking in the warranty..