Status
Not open for further replies.

compdude

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2003
I've got 6 brand new Maxtor 30GB hard drives for sale. Just make me a offer. You can buy one or all six make me a offer.

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
dood whats the spindle rpm? transfer rate? and other specs... better yet, a link. there is a good chance i'll go for em.

<font color=orange><b>
sex is bad, bad is sin, sin is forgiven so sex is in

compdude

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2003
I was going to build a small file server and got the drives cheap but I've haven't got around to do that yet. SO they are being sold.

Scamtron

I'm not sure what the RPM's on this drive is I would have to guess 7200, but I can take a picture of the drive and you can look at the label.

Thank you

peartree

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2001
This guy is going to build a SERVER and can't read the label on the drives he bought??? Something smells here and it's not six's reputation!

=== Never assume ANYTHING ===

compdude

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2003
Its not that I can't read the drive label. If I couldn't read it I couldn't tell you that it’s a 30GB drive. The problem is it doesn't say weather or not it’s a 7200-RPM or 5400 drive. The reason I say I can take a pic is so that you can see the exact drive your going to get. Therefore making sure both parties knows whets going on.

peartree

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2001
Well, I believe that what has scamtron all lathered up is that IF you CAN read the label, then you can READ THE LABEL. It gives you such juicy tidbits as the MODEL NUMBER of the drive. I know, since I own some fairly new Maxtor drives and they ALL have model numbers on them.

Now, follow this: IF you can READ the LABEL and use the Internet, then you can visit Maxtor's web site and READ the specs. Of course, then you have write them down, and that might be your problem. If so, please consider useing this little program included in every copy of Windows. It's called NOTEPAD.EXE and, using it, you just have to TYPE the info into a file, using NOTEPAD.EXE. I assume you can type, since you are posting here.

If any of that seems unclear, let us know and we'll do our best to clarify matters. If all else fails, then just post the model number and WE'LL go look it up.

Have a nice day.

compdude

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2003
Wow, thanks for that really great tutorial on looking up a part #... Gee thanks man.

I'll post the part #'s when I get home, and I’ll let you look it up considering that was just way to confusing.

peartree

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2001
Not a problem. In fact, feel free to save a copy in case you run up against this exact same situation in the future.

peartree

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2001
What can I say? I woke up on the wrong side of the mouse this morning and the total crap put out by that guy got me at the wrong time. Like we're going to believe that he's 'so busy' that he doesn't have time to look up the specs on the net. S***, if he was really going to use them to build a server, does he really want us to think he doesn't know what he bought? Those things are either (1) Hotter than J-Lo's butt or (2) So freakin' old that they must have been around since the 486 came out and he doesn't want to say so.

Oh, well, nuff said. Let's just ignore him...

compdude

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2003
Wow, i've seen a ton of crap on this forum but that right there is pure crap. btw I know what I bought they are 30GB maxtor HDD.

but its all the same the serial # is 11s19k1549Zj1c6100014g

Thank you

Grub

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
I just saw an advertisement froman unnamed computer store that was selling 30 GB MAxtors. COnsider the possibility that he may have bought them. Its not like there are a bunch of older computers up on blocks somewhere, missing their hardrives and hood ornament.

Scamtron likes this sig...

peartree

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2001
Oh, not impossible. My negative attitude was based on a guy selling drives that-

1) He doesn't know the drive specs, nor does he seem willing to mention where he bought them, though he says he was going to use them in building a server, which is not that common a thing and it takes a little technical expertise.

2) He 'can't find the time' to read a label on the drive and post the drive model number, but has plenty of time to post the ad and answer comments about his level of honesty and "expertise".

He may be as honest as the sun is bright, a fine fellow, and the smartest guy this side of Einstein, but he sure doesn't inspire MY confidence.

End Line

compdude

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2003
The place that I got the drives Is White Street Computers its a local computer shop. The reason I couldn't get you the serial was due to tha fact I was at work. And I dont bring the drivers everywhere I go.

btw where did I say I didn't have time to get you the serial #???

Grub

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
He 'can't find the time' to read a label on the drive and post the drive model number, but has plenty of time to post the ad and answer comments about his level of honesty and "expertise".
true dat...
Its better to give the customer all the information, that way there is no "appearance" of inpropriety.

Scamtron likes this sig...

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
children children, calm down now. Pear, I know you're a little sore from last night with scammy and can't sit down, but get a donut and the pain will go away in a few days....

The one and only "Monstrous BULLgarian!"

G

Did you take the offer of $35?

<font color=red> Gaaaahh! My hand is all old and wrinkly! </font color=red>

compdude

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2003
yeah I took the offer of $35 plus shipping. it came out to like $41 after shipping.

I'm not really looking get any more drives. but if I needed another 60GB I would probable take your offer.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.