Intel Video card ??

Anyone get them to work with Sims2 ?? I have the Mobile Intel
915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset. I have contacted EA Games and Intel for
help but no luck. Just wondering if anyone out there has goten this chipset
to work ?

Thanks
7 answers Last reply
More about intel video card

    The game does seem to be particular with video cards. I had a
    problem with the nvidea gforce 4. Every time a sim went to the
    bathroom the graphics would screw up. Installing the latest driver
    helped but didn't cure it. Turnes out that driver was not good either
    and messed up other games. I went to a radeon and after I installed
    a the new driver. You may be able to search the net for a third party
    driver I found one for the gforce 4 that worked a lot better than
    nvidea's

    On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 11:40:57 -0600, "Tammy" <franct_trf@sasktel.net>
    wrote:

    >Anyone get them to work with Sims2 ?? I have the Mobile Intel
    >915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset. I have contacted EA Games and Intel for
    >help but no luck. Just wondering if anyone out there has goten this chipset
    >to work ?
    >
    >Thanks

    I went to the site and checked the game compatibility list.
    http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/intel915gm/sb/CS-020153.htm

    It says it works.

    However, it is not listed at the main sims2 site.
    http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=21

    Have you installed the game yet?

    "Tammy" <franct_trf@sasktel.net> wrote in message
    > Anyone get them to work with Sims2 ?? I have the Mobile Intel
    > 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset. I have contacted EA Games and Intel for
    > help but no luck. Just wondering if anyone out there has goten this
    > chipset to work ?
    >
    > Thanks

    It is listed as being supported yes. I can get as far as the select a
    community splash screen and then it crashes with a ialmrnt5.dll error. Which
    says it's a video driver error. We've updated and reinstalled the driver but
    no luck ::(
    >I went to the site and checked the game compatibility list.
    > http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/intel915gm/sb/CS-020153.htm
    >
    > It says it works.
    >
    > However, it is not listed at the main sims2 site.
    > http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=21
    >
    > Have you installed the game yet?
    >
    > "Tammy" <franct_trf@sasktel.net> wrote in message
    >> Anyone get them to work with Sims2 ?? I have the Mobile Intel
    >> 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset. I have contacted EA Games and Intel for
    >> help but no luck. Just wondering if anyone out there has goten this
    >> chipset to work ?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    My suggestion is get a better video card :)

    > It is listed as being supported yes. I can get as far as the select a
    > community splash screen and then it crashes with a ialmrnt5.dll error.
    > Which says it's a video driver error. We've updated and reinstalled the
    > driver but no luck ::(
    >>I went to the site and checked the game compatibility list.
    >> http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/intel915gm/sb/CS-020153.htm
    >>
    >> It says it works.
    >>
    >> However, it is not listed at the main sims2 site.
    >> http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=21
    >>
    >> Have you installed the game yet?
    >>
    >> "Tammy" <franct_trf@sasktel.net> wrote in message
    >>> Anyone get them to work with Sims2 ?? I have the Mobile Intel
    >>> 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset. I have contacted EA Games and Intel
    >>> for help but no luck. Just wondering if anyone out there has goten this
    >>> chipset to work ?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    Wish i could but this is a new laptop .. cannot put in another video card :(
    > My suggestion is get a better video card :)
    >
    > "Tammy" <franct_trf@sasktel.net> wrote in message
    >> It is listed as being supported yes. I can get as far as the select a
    >> community splash screen and then it crashes with a ialmrnt5.dll error.
    >> Which says it's a video driver error. We've updated and reinstalled the
    >> driver but no luck ::(
    >> "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
    >>>I went to the site and checked the game compatibility list.
    >>> http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/intel915gm/sb/CS-020153.htm
    >>>
    >>> It says it works.
    >>>
    >>> However, it is not listed at the main sims2 site.
    >>> http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=21
    >>>
    >>> Have you installed the game yet?
    >>>
    >>> "Tammy" <franct_trf@sasktel.net> wrote in message

    http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/gaming/index.htm

    Have you tried the above link. It's for troubleshooting your chipset.

    wrote:

    > Mobile Intel
    >915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset

    The Sims* 2 game crashes or freezes (locks up) during game play.

    Error: "The ialmrnt5 display driver has stopped working normally.
    Save your work and reboot the system to restore full display
    functionality. The next time you reboot the machine a dialog will be
    displayed giving you a chance to upload data about this failure to
    Microsoft."

    Error: "The graphics adapter in this system experienced an internal
    error. Please contact your graphics adapter manufacturer for technical
    support. The application will now terminate."

    Blue screen appears with STOP error 0x000000EA referencing the
    ialmrnt5 display driver file.

    Solution:

    Use the latest Intel(R) graphics driver to correct this issue. Refer
    to the driver README file for installation instructions as needed.

    Installation order is important. Be sure to uninstall the driver
    completly before installing update. The page shows instalation orer.
    starting with windows servive pack 1.

    On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 23:26:20 GMT, Stinger <not@here.com> wrote:

    >http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/gaming/index.htm
    >
    >Have you tried the above link. It's for troubleshooting your chipset.
    >

    >On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 11:40:57 -0600, "Tammy" <franct_trf@sasktel.net>
    >wrote:
    >
    >> Mobile Intel
    >>915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset

Sims Chipsets Graphics Cards Games Intel Video Games