Tags:
  • Gaming
  • Mice
  • Keyboards
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
March 23, 2010 4:43:13 PM

Any ideas on keyboards and mice for gaming. Just bought Battlefield bad company 2 and was trying to get some ideas on a new setup. Ive been looking at mircosoft sidewinder x6 and x8 series, steel series and some of logitech's lineup ( G9x mouse looks good but pricey). Any input is much appreciated :D 

More about : gaming keyboard mouse

March 23, 2010 5:49:08 PM

shineon2010 said:
Any ideas on keyboards and mice for gaming. Just bought Battlefield bad company 2 and was trying to get some ideas on a new setup. Ive been looking at mircosoft sidewinder x6 and x8 series, steel series and some of logitech's lineup ( G9x mouse looks good but pricey). Any input is much appreciated :D 

www.razerzone.com

Razer Deathadder(Mouse)
Razer Lycosa(Keyboard)
Razer Golithus Standard(Mat)

Same as my rig
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
March 23, 2010 6:06:55 PM

I use a logitech G15 KB and one of the their laser mice, I have no complaints.

I forget what replaced the G15, G19 maybe??
m
l
Related resources
March 23, 2010 6:28:27 PM

Personally, I use a saitek eclipse keyboard just because it is a good keyboard for ~$40.

My little brother has a G9X, I can't stand it. I absolutely hate that thing, the feel of it is extremely uncomfortable to me, but I guess that is just a personal preference.

I use the MX518, and I've had it for almost 3 years now. It's never had any problems, the drivers are easy to use, "On The Fly" DPI changing is superb aswell.

As far as keyboards go, I'm not to sure which ones are great, I just use whichever works lol.

I'm thinking about getting a deathadder aswell, it's one of the most popular mice out there.

NOTE: Don't be swayed by "5000 dpi mouse". No one uses that. 2000 in my opinion is way to high. I always have used 400-800 dpi on my mice no matter what the limit, and loads of professional Quake/Counter strike players use anywhere from 400-1000 dpi.

ANOTHER NOTE: I got the mx518 with 1800 dpi for the same price, if dpi really matters to you.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

m
l
March 23, 2010 10:50:45 PM

Awesome those look good, I personally like the Razer arctosa vs the lycosa because of the slim keyboard. But how is razer compared to microsoft in gaming?
m
l
March 24, 2010 5:16:39 AM

Im leaning towards the razer products, going down to frys tomorrow to take a look at them!
m
l
March 24, 2010 4:46:31 PM

I own x6+x8 and I think my wife's Razer KB/Mouse seem more refined.
m
l
March 24, 2010 5:29:11 PM

I use Razer products but they don't seem to be as durable as Logitech.
m
l
March 29, 2010 1:39:30 AM

Still searching on new setup. Love the slim look and feel of the razer products but they have bad reviews for Windows 7. Seems alot of people are having issues with Razer being compatible with Windows 7. Does anybody know, or is there anything coming out thats new for 2010 that I should wait for?
m
l
March 29, 2010 12:34:08 PM

shineon2010 said:
Still searching on new setup. Love the slim look and feel of the razer products but they have bad reviews for Windows 7. Seems alot of people are having issues with Razer being compatible with Windows 7. Does anybody know, or is there anything coming out thats new for 2010 that I should wait for?

Razer has improved it drivers and updated it's devices firmware to sync with W7. there will be no more problems in my opinion.. :D 
m
l
!