Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Acer aspire one stays on xp screen

Last response: in Windows XP
August 16, 2012 5:09:31 AM

No matter how many times I power off & on again, stays on screen showing WindowsXP to begin, click on your user name. I do that, & nothing happens. Prior to this, it has been working fine for a few years

Best solution

August 17, 2012 3:36:08 PM

I would try booting into safe mode first and see if you can get any farther.
August 18, 2012 5:44:25 AM

thank you! you pointed me in the right direction...initially I was trying to do that after seeing similar advice elsewhere, but they kept saying to hit ALT-F10 when one sees the Acer logo, and that doesn't work on mine. Turns out I caught a glimpse after turning it on of it saying at the bottom right to hit F2, so I did that and the Safe Mode option appeared. I chose it, logged on as administrator, couldn't see any further info, so I decided to re-boot and log on as myself and all seems to be working fine. You saved the day!
m
l
Related resources
August 18, 2012 5:47:17 AM

Best answer selected by Sliguori.
m
l
August 23, 2012 1:44:09 AM

Sliguori said:
thank you! you pointed me in the right direction...initially I was trying to do that after seeing similar advice elsewhere, but they kept saying to hit ALT-F10 when one sees the Acer logo, and that doesn't work on mine. Turns out I caught a glimpse after turning it on of it saying at the bottom right to hit F2, so I did that and the Safe Mode option appeared. I chose it, logged on as administrator, couldn't see any further info, so I decided to re-boot and log on as myself and all seems to be working fine. You saved the day!

Glad to help!
m
l
!