AMD 720 x 3 MULTIPROCESSOR

huntluck

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
Hi all of you ,

can i know how to unlock my fourth core if present in my processor and

does it may create the problem or not?

Secondly, how can i overclock without damage my cpu and what precautions should i take ??????????

please let me 2 know abt this one !!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK'S :bounce:

Well unlocking the core is simple but I dont think it will work with your motherboard I beleive you need a 790GX chipset your board has a 780. In the bios you have to find out if you have ACC.

Overclocking is perfectly safe as long as you have proper cooling and have a firm understanding of what you are doing.

When you enter the bios go to the advanced tab then go to CPU configuration you will see Advanced Clock Calibration you want to enable it for all cores this will unlock the fourth core if it isnt defective. You migh have to add a little voltage to the vcore to keep it stable.

To overclock go to JumperFree Configuration. Now you can overclock a few different ways in that bios you can set it to overclock profiles and pick a percentage of overclock you want this will probably be your easiest way to do it to start if you decide you want more and you have good cooling use use manual overclock. Set to manual and raise the CPU/HT clock and overclock that way but you will also have to raise the Vcore too. But since you sound like you dont know alot try the profiles first and see if they will run stable.

huntluck

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
Well sir ur true i didn't try to MESS with hardware part as im un experinced if i do so without knowledge it would give me a lot of damage

now where can i find 'But since you sound like you dont know alot try the profiles first and see if they will run stable. "

Well I never had an x3 so I wouldn't know. Either way auto or enable all cores it will unlock the fourth core if its not defective you will have 4 cores if it is defective it will crash with it enabled.

GOOD LUCK