Body Shop

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2,alt.games.the-sims2 (More info?)

Hello all,

I recently purchased Paint Shop Pro and have been going crazy making lots
and lots of clothes for my sims.

My question is, when I am satisfied with clothes, glasses, etc. that I have
made, what can I get rid of and what should I keep?

For instance, do I need to keep each folder for each piece of clothing in
the projects folder?

Thanks in advance for your help. Sorry for the crosspost, I am not sure
which group to post to.

Ryan
5 answers Last reply
More about body shop
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2,alt.games.the-sims2 (More info?)

    When you import your finished clothes into the game, a file is created in
    your Saved Sims folder. This file incorporates the name you used when you
    first started your project. For example, if you made a red dress and called
    the project RedDress, the Saved Sims file will have a file name something
    like this:

    ed34e45t_RedDress.package

    Strictly speaking, this is the only file you need to keep since the graphics
    you made are packaged inside this file. Personally, I like to keep a copy
    of the final graphics I used in an archive file, just so I can replace the
    stuff easily if I have any file corruption problems but as I also keep an
    archive copy of the Saved Sims file, this is not really necessary.

    One word of warning though, when you delete your projects, delete them using
    Bodyshop and not manually. When you delete through Bodyshop, the game has a
    mechanism for cleaning up the files and folders including updating and/or
    removing project files which aren't in the project folder. It's easy to
    miss this if you try to delete manually.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    "Ryan" <moe@simpsons.net> wrote in message
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I recently purchased Paint Shop Pro and have been going crazy making lots
    > and lots of clothes for my sims.
    >
    > My question is, when I am satisfied with clothes, glasses, etc. that I
    have
    > made, what can I get rid of and what should I keep?
    >
    > For instance, do I need to keep each folder for each piece of clothing in
    > the projects folder?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help. Sorry for the crosspost, I am not sure
    > which group to post to.
    >
    > Ryan

  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2,alt.games.the-sims2 (More info?)

    Oh BTW - I forgot to mention, the file in your Saved Sims folder is also the
    one that other people can use in their games while files from your projects
    folder will work for you but for no-one else. So if you want to upload your
    skins anywhere, remember to use the one from the Saved Sims folder.

    Best wishes
    Maxon
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2,alt.games.the-sims2 (More info?)

    Thanks a lot!

    | Oh BTW - I forgot to mention, the file in your Saved Sims folder is also
    the
    | one that other people can use in their games while files from your
    projects
    | folder will work for you but for no-one else. So if you want to upload
    your
    | skins anywhere, remember to use the one from the Saved Sims folder.
    |
    | Best wishes
    | Maxon

    Just a curious question here.
    What part of the world are you in?
    Oh and where do you work? lol

    > Thanks a lot!

    > | Oh BTW - I forgot to mention, the file in your Saved Sims folder is also
    > the
    > | one that other people can use in their games while files from your
    > projects
    > | folder will work for you but for no-one else. So if you want to upload
    > your
    > | skins anywhere, remember to use the one from the Saved Sims folder.
    > |
    > | Best wishes
    > | Maxon

  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2,alt.games.the-sims2 (More info?)

    YW!

    "Ryan" <moe@simpsons.net> wrote in message
    > Thanks a lot!

    > | Oh BTW - I forgot to mention, the file in your Saved Sims folder is also
    > the
    > | one that other people can use in their games while files from your
    > projects
    > | folder will work for you but for no-one else. So if you want to upload
    > your
    > | skins anywhere, remember to use the one from the Saved Sims folder.
    > |
    > | Best wishes
    > | Maxon

Sims Games Video Games