Your question

$900 Gaming Rig

Last response: in Systems
January 17, 2010 11:04:26 PM

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Within a few days

BUDGET RANGE: 700-900 USD

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT:
1. FPS Shooters (league/ranked player)
2. World of Warcraft (league/ranked player)
3. Video/Audio Editing
4. Office Projects (i.e. powerpoints, word documents, etc)
5. Communications (i.e. ventrilo, skype, xfire, steam, etc)

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor, Speakers

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: No preference, although, I would feel more comfortable getting parts from a website with moderate return policies (i.e. open box, honoring warranties, broken-on-arrival, etc).

PARTS PREFERENCES: by brand or type: Nothing really, I'm open to anything effective and efficient as far as performance: price

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1440 by 900, altough I would like lenience, because I may be buying a slightly better one soon (looking at a 1980).

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: It needs to be able to handle modern warfare 2 and other FPS shooters like a pro, I cannot stress this enough. My life revolves around ranked matches and what not, and I cannot afford a terrible lag. I would like it to be easily upgradable (i.e. not needing to buy a new motherboard everytime I need to nab a new card). I may dual video cards in the future, so I would like it to be Crossfire X compadable, and would like enough slots for cards.

More about : 900 gaming rig

January 17, 2010 11:16:21 PM

Well here is what I would get:

-Intel core i5 750
-Any kit of Dual Channel 4GB at 1333-1600mhz bandwidth and CL 7-9 (look for the best price and best brand)
-GA-P55A-UD3 motherboard
-ATI Radeon 5850
-Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
-Get a hard drive that you need
-A mid-tower case that you like from a brand

It should total to your budget limit, that videocard is very good BTW
!