jaiyillist

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2010
Hello,my compaq deskpro en says that the NTLDR is missing it was windows 2000 bow its windows xp what can i do please help me!

Some software companies sell dell windows cds for around $20. If you have a valid coa sticker number, you may be able to use them with your pc and activate windows. Otherwise, get a new windows copy with valid coa. Compaq may also allow you to download their windows version if you have the serial number and pay them a nominal fee.

tortnotes

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2009
To clarify: This isn't a hardware problem. There is a file missing from your hard drive, and that is what is preventing Windows from starting.
If you have your Windows XP DVD, you might be able to use it to repair the system--start the computer with the Windows disc in the DVD drive.
If you don't have a copy of Windows on DVD, you might want to look into getting one, or borrowing one.

4745454b

Titan
You can borrow one. What you buy when you purchase windows is the license to use it. Thats the COA sticker on the side of your case. Heck you could even download a copy of windows off the net and use your number. Repair install would be the quickest route. This usually happens when overclocking to far. Have you tried setting everything back to default?