Radiator fans...which ones are the best?

Hello everyone,

I was wondering which fans do you think are the best for cooling a rad, i need a recommendation for 120mm and 140mm fans...aesthetics are not a big concern but i definitely will not buy noctua fans.
23 answers Last reply
More about radiator fans which best
  1. Scythe Gentle Typhoons.

But if you don't care about Aesthetics, why not Noctua ones? Their NF-F12 series is great for radiators.
  2. Just my two cents...I like the Cooler Master Excaliber's...Noctua like muffin said are the best but man are they are U-G-L-Y THEY AIN'T GOT NO ALIBI.. THEY UGLY....
  3. Funny thing is they perform soooooo well.....

Noctua NF-F12 fan @1500RPM = Swiftech Fan @ 2600RPM.....
  4. Yeah muffin you are right the Noctua are hands down the best fan made...but they are still UGLY
  5. amuffin said:
    Scythe Gentle Typhoons.

But if you don't care about Aesthetics, why not Noctua ones? Their NF-F12 series is great for radiators.

i DO care about aesthetics.... but performance is my main priority but noctua fans?? they're simply waay too ugly :(
  6. amuffin said:
    Funny thing is they perform soooooo well.....

Noctua NF-F12 fan @1500RPM = Swiftech Fan @ 2600RPM.....

is there any way to replace that ugly frame from the noctua fans?
  7. Could i paint the Noctua fans with some spray paint? and... is there any way to add leds? i really don't care about aesthetics but i would what i can to make it look good
  8. Yeah you could paint the frame but not the fan blades
  9. lowjack989 said:
    Yeah you could paint the frame but not the fan blades

Oh sh!t... the thing is, i need a 120mm and a 140mm fan (actually 3x 120 and 8x 140mm fans) and my system is all black (red tubing and red lighting) so i will like to keep it that way... that's why i need a black/crystal color fan with or without red leds (in case is blue, green or some other color i will just simply turn them off or remove them) that performs extremely good...any ideas? how does the CM excalibur compares to the NF12?
  10. btw... what should i look for in a fan "specs" i now about noise but what about CFM and what about fluid bearing vs sleeve vs ball bearing?
  11. Pressure....the more, the better for radiators
  12. The Noctua is superior to the CM Excalibers...The CM Excalibers push a crazy amount of air yet they are noisy at high speeds...The CM's are easy to clean and are controlled via PWM...The CM's look decent also
  13. Static pressure........

I'm using the 2 fans that came with the Corsair H80 on my EX240!

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6177/choosing-the-best-120mm-radiator-fan-testing-eight-fans-with-corsairs-h80
  14. Yes! It outperforms everything listed.

But it's 66.5 dBA and pushes out 252CFM and has almost 7 times more static pressure than anything listed.

Watch this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSllkFWVhJI
  15. btw... i am gonna buy some rubber thingies i saw on frozen CPU that should make the fans a little bit quieter
  16. Did you choose the Delta's? WOW...I hope you have a really good fan controller...lol...Oh BTW the Delta's are 38mm thick..you are gonna need some space for those bad boys
  17. lowjack989 said:
    Did you choose the Delta's? WOW...I hope you have a really good fan controller...lol...Oh BTW the Delta's are 38mm thick..you are gonna need some space for those bad boys

Nop... i haven't bought them, why do you say i must have a good fan controller? i have two of this fan controllers: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811992004 are they good enough?
  18. They're crazy loud...
  19. Cougar vortex
  20. I've been using the Antec Kuhler H620, and it honestly hasn't blown me away. I can barely keep a 4.0 OC on my 965 BE under 60 degrees on load. I expected a little more, I guess. Don't let them sell you on it with a deal, unless it's really good. I think the stock sink with the 965 BE is actually a little beast for an air cooler.
  21. idroid said:
    Hello everyone,

I was wondering which fans do you think are the best for cooling a rad, i need a recommendation for 120mm and 140mm fans...aesthetics are not a big concern but i definitely will not buy noctua fans.

corsair sp120 performance intake for radiator, af120 radiator exhaust, sp is for the pressure, af for the amount of air they will remove
Ask a new question

Read More

Water Cooling Cooling Overclocking Product