Will ATi HD5750 work on a Asus P5B motherboard? [PCI-E x16 2.0]

KalleBalle

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2010
Hi there!

I have plans to upgrade my graphic card but I am not sure if the card will work on my motherborad. According to some research I have found answers suggesting that my motherboard Asus P5B (p965) doesn't have support for PCI-E x16 2.0, just for the ld 1.0 version. Which is unfortunate because all new cards are either AGP or PCI-E x16 2.0.

So what is it? Should I but the graphic card or wait a couple of months and upgrade my motherboard as well?

Hello and welcome to the forums :)
Please search the forum before asking,because this question is being asked everyday.
HD 5750 will work on your motherboard because PCI-E 2.0 is backward compatible with 1.0.
BTW,almost all new cards are all PCI-E 2.0

KalleBalle

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2010
Thank you! Sorry didn't search this forum because I've been seraching the whole net (though google) all day long and thought that this forums was serached though that way. But I'll search a little more!

KalleBalle

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2010
Hi again. No, actually I've been searching this website but can't find anything about my motherboard and if it's able to use PCI-E x16 2.0. Although I found on Wikipedia (the article about PCI-E) that my motherboard wasn't compatable.

Sorry for the bad english, not my native language. :p