Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

wrenaudrey

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-V Pro
CPU: Intel 3770k @4.2-4.5Ghz
Case: 600T

For the Corsairs, any one recommend me better fans?
Has anybody had any problems with any of these coolers or are aware of?

nna2

Distinguished
for 4.2GHz, you might get away with the Hyper 212 evo, but from your list, the NH-D14 will probably get you the furthest, after that you have to get into custom loops, which are expensive, and require a bit of maintenance

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
None of those are really 'ultimate'- you would need to consider subambient cooling like LN2, liquid helium, or even watercooling.

This vote is essentially for air cooling, was that your discussion?

wrenaudrey

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012

Yes rubix. Im not after the best CPU cooler and the highest OC i can get.
What i meant was, between the four ive listed, which is the best or is there any other that you guys would recommend? And also if there is any minor or serious problems you guys know or have encountered with these coolers.

dragonsamus

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
Your overclock might be a bit too hot for the Hyper 212 Evo. I would recommend the Noctua. I used the H100 before and it wasn't much better than my Hyper 212 Plus but was $80 more expensive. If you choose water, go custom and get way better temps then the H100 could get you.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Yes rubix. Im not after the best CPU cooler and the highest OC i can get.
What i meant was, between the four ive listed, which is the best or is there any other that you guys would recommend? And also if there is any minor or serious problems you guys know or have encountered with these coolers.
Understood, but then that leaves the title of your thread a bit misleading compared to the actual interpretation being discussed. That's the basis for the post I made.