Sign in with
Your question

Looking for specs on NVIDIA GeForce G211P

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 11, 2010 8:46:50 PM

I am looking to get a new laptop and the Sony VIAO F series caught my eye. It come with the Core i7-720QM which is cool but the graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce G211P with 1GB VRAM. I did a Google search but that was not helpful.

The other laptop I am looking at has a Core 2 Duo with an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 with 1GB VRAM.

Both laptops will come with a Blu-ray players so obviously I will be watching Blu-ray movies. I haven't done much gaming lately mostly because I don't have a system with a good gaming card in the first place.

Between the nvidia and ATI mentioned above which would be better for Blu-ray playback and for gaming?
a c 189 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
January 12, 2010 2:50:20 AM

for playing blue-ray it depends on your CPU not GPU.
For gaming then i think both of them is not good for gaming, yes it can gaming but with medium setting or even lowest setting... :) 
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 12, 2010 3:37:00 AM

I havent heard anything about a G211 either... however I would assume(and i know i shouldnt) that its a pretty low end card similar to a 210-otherwise it would have made more of a stir.

If you are interested in a laptop with serious graphic capability you should shop for gaming laptops from companies like ASUS, or maybe the high end dells XPS/alienware.

What exactly are you looking for in a laptop and at what price?
m
l
March 7, 2010 3:35:55 AM

It turns out they wrote the wrong model number on the website. Oh well stuff happens. The correct model number is for the 300 series.
m
l
Related resources
!