Sign in with
Your question

6870 died after flashing bios

Last response: in Overclocking
August 30, 2012 2:00:27 PM

Hello,

Ive searched a lot before posting here but i couldnt find answers (Actually i did but they didnt work).
After trying to change de bios of my xfx 6870 dual fan, so i could unlock voltage, i got the black screen..
I did blind flash, didnt work.
I manage to put the 1 priority to the mobo onboard videocard and i could flash again with my backup.rom that ive created.
Even then after that i can get no signal from my gpu, fans r at full speed, i got the latest drivers and nothin..

bios already default, drivers updated no response.. Is the gpu dead becouse of a bios flashing attempt? Help!?!?!?!

(not native english speaker)
Thx a lot.
a b K Overclocking
August 30, 2012 2:15:36 PM

are you sure you didn't write over your backup?

as a last ditch effort, try contacting XFX, they might give you the bios, though it hasn't worked for me all the time (HIS said no, Gigabyte gave it to me :p )
m
l
August 30, 2012 5:01:27 PM

nna2 said:
are you sure you didn't write over your backup?

as a last ditch effort, try contacting XFX, they might give you the bios, though it hasn't worked for me all the time (HIS said no, Gigabyte gave it to me :p )

Solved! sleepless night gave the effort lol
While the Dos bioflashing didnt work for some reason, the winflash worked like a charm!

I set priority to the mobo onboard video, winflashed, changed the priority again to the pci-e, reboot, and it worked!

Was going crazy already,
Thx for the fast response!
m
l
a b K Overclocking
August 30, 2012 8:51:18 PM

alegalati said:
Solved! sleepless night gave the effort lol
While the Dos bioflashing didnt work for some reason, the winflash worked like a charm!

I set priority to the mobo onboard video, winflashed, changed the priority again to the pci-e, reboot, and it worked!

Was going crazy already,
Thx for the fast response!

good to hear it's working, i've given myself a few headaches with bios flashing as well :p 
m
l
!