High Pitch Sound (Soundmax Drivers)

afflicto

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
Hey guys, I hope you guys maybe have a solution to this strange problem.

Mobo: ASUS P5E3 Deluxe
Soundmax Sound Drivers.

I hear a highpitched sound coming from my speakers and headphones.
The sound starts when I see the logon screen for my WIN 7 OS.
The sound persists even if I deactivate the sound or turn down the volume to 0 in the sound control panels (windows or soundmax)

Also, if I plug in my logitech chillstream usb gamepad, I can hear the sound from the fans on it in my speakers/headphones.
(Yes, the logitech chillstream gamepad has a fan built into it to cool down you'r hands when gaming.

It's a constant sound that makes me freakin crazy.
When I record something the sound is recorded into the recording.
I don't think people on skype/teamspeak/vent can hear the sound tho.

It is not a hardware fault, since the problem just vanished and I was happy for a long time, untill I disconnected my headset, and put in another headset, and changed some settings, so my friend could play COD, while hearing COD gameplay sounds my speakers(using headset connected to speakers). And so that I could listen to music in the front panel ports in my other headset.

When I changed it back to the default setup the other day, the problem started again.

It is not Mic feedback either, I checked that.

If anyone have a solution or any idea to this problem, It would be greatly appriciated! :)

G

I have the same problem. I have an on-board soundmax ad1988 in my Asus M2NE. It sounds like feedback from my processor because it gets louder when I start up new programs and such. This sound is new, but problems with the ports arn't. My rear mic port has failed and I'm thinking that this is just the beginning of the end for my stereo port. fml.

MEgamer

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
I have the same problem. I have an on-board soundmax ad1988 in my Asus M2NE. It sounds like feedback from my processor because it gets louder when I start up new programs and such. This sound is new, but problems with the ports arn't. My rear mic port has failed and I'm thinking that this is just the beginning of the end for my stereo port. fml.

it may hyst be your hardrive, as CPUs frequencies are way to high for you too hear, or detected audibly.