Defective Video Card? Artifacts at boot time ...

kerbje

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2010
Hi all!

I'm having some trouble with a newly bought AGP card (PowerColor hd 3650 AGP). I'm getting artifacts all over the place, even at boot time. My guess (after having done quite some googling and reading) is that it's a hardware error, thus defective unit.

I've included 2 pics I took using my cell showing the boot screen and view when window has booted.

I've tried reducing AGP speed in the BIOS to x4 instead of 'auto' or x8, without any result.

I there anything else I can try, or can I send the item back to get it replaced?

Thank you very much in advance, this is a wonderful forum!

boljack

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2007
From my experience with 8800 gts which had the same symptom I suggest you send it back. I believe your card has a bad memory.

sayantan

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
Once this happened when I OCed my XFX8800gt...XFX told that I had fried the shadercore or somethin....XFX refused to give me the replacement even though it was well within the warranty...If this is the case then dont hope for a replacement..

kerbje

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2010
Thank you all for the confirmation!
I hope I can get a replacement, I only took it out of the box and installed, so no OC'ing :)

pepperman

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009

Read the terms; I bet they don't cover OCing. That's why you didn't get a replacement.