Custom Skins

I have looked for it but I cannot find the post I saw this in. Someone said
that people have had trouble with customised skins due to the fact that some
people haven't added the toddler part of the skin. Just a question on that,
if I were to have problems with a skin I downloaded, would the skin fix
itself up after the toddler stage? (Just going by what people have been
saying I mean). Its just that I saw a thread in binaries with some very odd
looking people, they mouths had moved to other parts of their heads and
stuff. Like a small skin had been used on a big mesh for a head. I just
don't want this problem if I can help it.
Thanks,
Beck.
6 answers Last reply
More about custom skins

    It's fairly easy to fix the skin itself through Bodyshop - though a bit
    fiddly. You won't be able to fix it for an existing sim without difficulty
    though I think you can do this through SimPE but I'm not sure you can change
    the genetics - I've seen a tute for this and that is complicated. If the
    skin doesn't cause the game to crash in the first place, I should think it
    would fix itself as the sim ages and accesses the new textures for the older
    age groups. With the Maxis-made skin bug, this is what happens.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    > I have looked for it but I cannot find the post I saw this in. Someone
    said
    > that people have had trouble with customised skins due to the fact that
    some
    > people haven't added the toddler part of the skin. Just a question on
    that,
    > if I were to have problems with a skin I downloaded, would the skin fix
    > itself up after the toddler stage? (Just going by what people have been
    > saying I mean). Its just that I saw a thread in binaries with some very
    odd
    > looking people, they mouths had moved to other parts of their heads and
    > stuff. Like a small skin had been used on a big mesh for a head. I just
    > don't want this problem if I can help it.
    > Thanks,
    > Beck.

    Oh ok. I haven't had any problems yet lol.
    Hey, I just put a whole heap of downloads into my game and went in to see
    which I would like to keep and delete (I have way too many), and I found a
    pair of black pants 5 times and all were exactly the same. Would it be ok to
    delete 4 of them, or were there 5 for a reason? Just thought you may know
    more about downloads. Thanks again,
    Beck.
    > It's fairly easy to fix the skin itself through Bodyshop - though a bit
    > fiddly. You won't be able to fix it for an existing sim without
    > difficulty
    > though I think you can do this through SimPE but I'm not sure you can
    > change
    > the genetics - I've seen a tute for this and that is complicated. If the
    > skin doesn't cause the game to crash in the first place, I should think it
    > would fix itself as the sim ages and accesses the new textures for the
    > older
    > age groups. With the Maxis-made skin bug, this is what happens.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > Maxon
    >
    > "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >> I have looked for it but I cannot find the post I saw this in. Someone
    > said
    >> that people have had trouble with customised skins due to the fact that
    > some
    >> people haven't added the toddler part of the skin. Just a question on
    > that,
    >> if I were to have problems with a skin I downloaded, would the skin fix
    >> itself up after the toddler stage? (Just going by what people have been
    >> saying I mean). Its just that I saw a thread in binaries with some very
    > odd
    >> looking people, they mouths had moved to other parts of their heads and
    >> stuff. Like a small skin had been used on a big mesh for a head. I just
    >> don't want this problem if I can help it.
    >> Thanks,
    >> Beck.

    mmmm - do they, in fact, look like copies of Maxis clothes?

    If so, what you have are corrupted skin files. This can happen for various
    reasons. Alternatively, how did you install them - were they from zip files
    which you put manually in Downloads or were they from a self-installing
    Sims2Pack file?

    > Oh ok. I haven't had any problems yet lol.
    > Hey, I just put a whole heap of downloads into my game and went in to see
    > which I would like to keep and delete (I have way too many), and I found a
    > pair of black pants 5 times and all were exactly the same. Would it be ok
    > delete 4 of them, or were there 5 for a reason? Just thought you may know
    > more about downloads. Thanks again,
    > Beck.
    > > It's fairly easy to fix the skin itself through Bodyshop - though a bit
    > > fiddly. You won't be able to fix it for an existing sim without
    > > difficulty
    > > though I think you can do this through SimPE but I'm not sure you can
    > > change
    > > the genetics - I've seen a tute for this and that is complicated. If
    the
    > > skin doesn't cause the game to crash in the first place, I should think
    it
    > > would fix itself as the sim ages and accesses the new textures for the
    > > older
    > > age groups. With the Maxis-made skin bug, this is what happens.
    > >
    > > Best wishes
    > > Maxon
    > >
    > > "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    > >> I have looked for it but I cannot find the post I saw this in. Someone
    > > said
    > >> that people have had trouble with customised skins due to the fact that
    > > some
    > >> people haven't added the toddler part of the skin. Just a question on
    > > that,
    > >> if I were to have problems with a skin I downloaded, would the skin fix
    > >> itself up after the toddler stage? (Just going by what people have been
    > >> saying I mean). Its just that I saw a thread in binaries with some very
    > > odd
    > >> looking people, they mouths had moved to other parts of their heads and
    > >> stuff. Like a small skin had been used on a big mesh for a head. I just
    > >> don't want this problem if I can help it.
    > >> Thanks,
    > >> Beck.

    Just to add, there are a few of these instances, tops, pants, hair styles
    (all the same type and colour), so I meant to ask about them all.
    Beck.
    "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    > Oh ok. I haven't had any problems yet lol.
    > Hey, I just put a whole heap of downloads into my game and went in to see
    > which I would like to keep and delete (I have way too many), and I found a
    > pair of black pants 5 times and all were exactly the same. Would it be ok
    > to delete 4 of them, or were there 5 for a reason? Just thought you may
    > know more about downloads. Thanks again,
    > Beck.
    >> It's fairly easy to fix the skin itself through Bodyshop - though a bit
    >> fiddly. You won't be able to fix it for an existing sim without
    >> difficulty
    >> though I think you can do this through SimPE but I'm not sure you can
    >> change
    >> the genetics - I've seen a tute for this and that is complicated. If the
    >> skin doesn't cause the game to crash in the first place, I should think
    >> it
    >> would fix itself as the sim ages and accesses the new textures for the
    >> older
    >> age groups. With the Maxis-made skin bug, this is what happens.
    >>
    >> Best wishes
    >> Maxon
    >>
    >> "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >>> I have looked for it but I cannot find the post I saw this in. Someone
    >> said
    >>> that people have had trouble with customised skins due to the fact that
    >> some
    >>> people haven't added the toddler part of the skin. Just a question on
    >> that,
    >>> if I were to have problems with a skin I downloaded, would the skin fix
    >>> itself up after the toddler stage? (Just going by what people have been
    >>> saying I mean). Its just that I saw a thread in binaries with some very
    >> odd
    >>> looking people, they mouths had moved to other parts of their heads and
    >>> stuff. Like a small skin had been used on a big mesh for a head. I just
    >>> don't want this problem if I can help it.
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Beck.

    So far I haven't seen a Maxis version of these things (the copies) so I am
    assuming they aren't. I am not 100% sure if they were zips or
    self-installing files. I have an option to delete these copies, but I just
    don't want to stuff things up.
    Say I have a pair of black jeans in an adult sim, if I were to delete these
    would it stuff the game up? I'll try and explain what I mean but I may not
    be able to make much sense here:
    If you click on a toddler and set their clothes and face etc etc, then you
    them into a child, am I right there? If so, does deleting a set of clothes
    in one age group affect the rest of that Sims life? (sorry I am not good at
    explaining this).
    Thanks,
    Beck.
    > mmmm - do they, in fact, look like copies of Maxis clothes?
    >
    > If so, what you have are corrupted skin files. This can happen for
    > various
    > reasons. Alternatively, how did you install them - were they from zip
    > files
    > which you put manually in Downloads or were they from a self-installing
    > Sims2Pack file?
    >
    > Best wishes
    > Maxon
    >

    > "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >> Oh ok. I haven't had any problems yet lol.
    >> Hey, I just put a whole heap of downloads into my game and went in to see
    >> which I would like to keep and delete (I have way too many), and I found
    >> pair of black pants 5 times and all were exactly the same. Would it be ok
    >> delete 4 of them, or were there 5 for a reason? Just thought you may know
    >> more about downloads. Thanks again,
    >> Beck.
    >> "Maxon" <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote in message
    >> > It's fairly easy to fix the skin itself through Bodyshop - though a bit
    >> > fiddly. You won't be able to fix it for an existing sim without
    >> > difficulty
    >> > though I think you can do this through SimPE but I'm not sure you can
    >> > change
    >> > the genetics - I've seen a tute for this and that is complicated. If
    > the
    >> > skin doesn't cause the game to crash in the first place, I should think
    > it
    >> > would fix itself as the sim ages and accesses the new textures for the
    >> > older
    >> > age groups. With the Maxis-made skin bug, this is what happens.
    >> >
    >> > Best wishes
    >> > Maxon
    >> >
    >> > "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >> > said
    >> > some
    >> > that,
    >> > odd

    Sorry Maxon, I just had a good look through my skins and some are in fact
    copies of Maxis originals.
    So if I have corrupted skin files, is there any way to fix this?
    I did notice a few of them weren't copies of the maxis ones though...
    Sorry to be a pest. But thank you for you help with this.

Video Games